Help with stock fog lights '06 Limited 4.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with stock fog lights '06 Limited 4.0

ghost-flame

Reaction score
City, State
doylestown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer LTD
One of my fog lights burned out Phillips h10-9145. So, I got 2 new Sylvania h10-9145, I just put them in and niether one of them works now. What am I doing wrong? the connections are tight, the bulbs are exactly the same they fit. Whe I turn on the fog light switch it doesn't work. Does it have to be dark to get these to come on?

This has got me stumped.:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Come on somebody has to have an idea what's going on here. I'm gettin' tired of talking to myself here...

.....Never mind I figured it out

Did you already try to use the old working Philips bulb again?
Also thought about a blown fuse?

Did you already try to use the old working Philips bulb again?
Also thought about a blown fuse?

Thanks for responding Lukas2009,
... from way over in Deutschland! I am 4th generation German. Manns (or Munz, Muntz we are not sure since no one could read or write back then) family was from Frankfurt 1900's or so they came to America.

Anyway thanks for the reply. It turns out that you shouldn't work on your fog lights in the daylight. Because as soon as it got dark they worked just the way they are supposed to. There must be a light sensor so you are npt blinding oncoming traffic during the day... I suppose.

AL-FEET-ER-ZANE, Bruder Lukas.

Viel Glück zum Geburtstag! Alles Gute und I wie Heidi Klum:thumbsup::D

Thomas Manns

Back