• Register Today It's free!

Help with the gas pedal mod.

mascoradium

Reaction score
City, State
N. Charleston South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt 4x4
So i read a thread about the ga speddle mod and the guy had pics of what he was doing step by step but you could not see his pics so if any one has pics of how to do it,or of the finished product that would be great! I also read something about this interfering with a tranny cable or something idk. i have a 94 xlt 4x4 :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just put a couple of ties straps over the exposed throttle cable wire on the gas pedal.(to remove slack) It a little tight working under the dash but its afairly easy mod.

This procedure will remove the play and cause the TB butterfly valve to open as soon as the accelerator is pressed.

it's a "fix" not a "mod" ....as i got reminded in the stock forum thread i posted:D:rolleyes: lol .

lol thanks man. It's not a MOD lmao:salute:

well I guesse technically it's a modification that fixes a problem.

Sooooo...Fixod Or maybe it's a modix

I did it and it made a world of diffrence!! so happy

:D.....told you ........ :salute:

What are we talking about? I'm interested. What does it help with?

jumpn, what it is is taking the slack out of the throttle cable.

go out to your truck, if you can pull your gas pedal towards you, and let it go, and it drops back down some then you can put some zip ties on the excess cable to improve your foots connection to the throttle butterfly.

Here you go.

Told you so. Its soooo simple!

;)

Back