• Register Today It's free!

help

RockinExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 EB
drivers side power window wont go up after only going down from pushing the up button cant figure it out, the down side of the button does nothing and when pressing the up button i can hear the clicking in the relay under the dash but the relay is good

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anybody got some wiring diagrams of the window circuit

doesn't help

took the car to ford had a broken wire in the hose going from door to car

Yep... that's the most likely place if the switches aren't a problem.

Been there, Done that....At least I was lucky enough to find the broken wire without taking the X to a repair shop. I guess 2 seperate degrees in Electonics Engineering comes in helpful some times (I sell real estate in the family business where theres not a lot of electronics to troubleshoot).

BTW the wires in the loom that runs between the door and body are where the wire seem to break often from the Door being opened. I guess we could all just weld the door shut and climb in and out the window like the Duke boys.

yeah i took an electrical class at college last spring in the auto tech and i'm going to college for mechanical engineering, and i still couldn't figure it out also might be the fact that i really just wanted it fixed cause it was a little cold at the time

Back