HELP!!!!!

BlueDogBandit

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Miles City, Montana
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 & 93 XLT 4x4 Explorers
OK, I went with the 2" body lift, didn't want to have that awful body lift look. Thought it would a little extra room on top of the 2 1/2 Rancho suspension. Kit went on easy except for both of the very front mounting bolts breaking during removal. Thought I was finished, and just needed to slap on the bumpers (boy, was I wrong!) As stated by Cameron on his page, the brackets are for a three inch. If you cut the brackets as suggested, the lower bumper mount bolt will run into the frame right at the top. Am I wasting my time trying to adapt the brackets to my needs, or do I have to find someone with access to a welder to help. I've thought of trimming the brackets 1 1/2" instead of a 1" like Cameron suggests. This would put the lower whole location on a spot on the frame where I could drill a whole all the way through, then use a long bolt to mount it. Then us a grinder to trim the darn things get them to fit correct. Help! I need to get my bumpers on, and leaving them two inches lower is not an option.

I'm moving this thread to modified explorations.

Back