• Register Today It's free!

help!!!

twisted91

Reaction score
City, State
belen,nm
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer 10" lift 33's
ok y'all need yr input! i have a dana 30 4.10 front axle and somebody was explaing to me that you can put the outter 35 knuckle to the dana 30 to retain lock out hubs!! if this can be done or if anybody has done this please direct me inthe right path... yes i know i can put a 44 up front but being the 30 was givin to me low cost is what i am looking for... an went wheeling today.. 3 fords 3 dodges mine being the samllest 8.8 rear 35 front was kinda cool that the full size dana 44 broke with the same size 33s an i drove home!!!! so blah blah the 44 i just want solid front end... any help would be great... thank you in advance!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow!!! 3 days 69 looks! unlimited members an nobody has a clue on wether this will work or not!?! or did i offend you dana 44 guros?? well anyway thanks for the help...

yes you can replace the knuckles. this will give you more reliability for your bearings.
Don't waste your time on the d30 swap. It's weaker everywhere. you will get better performance keeping your d35 and installing d44 knuckles, with a locker or LS. Way cheaper route.
There is a reason the d30 was free.

Yup.

Keep that axle though and use it to make a really cool crawler for you kids out of like a civic or celica or something.

hey logic ! thanks for the input. an no he went full size an i helped withthe install so he gave me the dana 30.. an yea i know better to keep 35 cuz stronger but nt by much! had 35s on jeep with l/s 30 an beat the hell out of it. no problems but went crawling past sunday an jus want a lil more.. running 33s with 3.73s. jus want a lil more hwy mileage withthe 4.10s. 5.5 coils 1.5 spacers an 3 bL.. it flexs well but the ttb is limited an dont wanna dump money in the front if i have this axle taking up space.. is a dd but everything else to.. jus dnot wanna be buying tires once a year is all... O yea gonna be moving close to woodbury by the summer.. is there any good 4wheeling out that way?? thanks for the input y'all

You need 4.56 for 33s. that's why you wanted more.

Back