• Register Today It's free!

Help!

Rbrown849

Reaction score
City, State
Bohemia,Ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ford explorer sport
So I'm new to the forum an just picked up a 99 explorer sport. I wanna lift it but am having a lotta probs locating a body lift and suspension lift. Can anyone help

First thing is first you need to decide what you want to do, a body or suspension. On our trucks due to the torsion bars suspension will give you a lot of tire clearance BUT you don't gain any real undercarrage clearance because the torsion bars are dropped. Depending on how much lift you want you can do a TT/shackles to get 1-2 inches or a 3inch body lift to get three OR both to get about 4-5. Since you have a sport I'd recommend getting some four door leaf packs before anything. The mono leafs aren't very strong and the 4 door leafs will get you some lift, I'm not sure how much tho. Also if it's 2WD you can get 3 inch lift spindles and 4 inch lift springs in the back. If you have any questions were all here to help :) and welcome to the forums

I really appreciate the advise and will def use a 4 door leaf before I do any kinda suspension mod. I've looked for body lifts everywhere for the truck any ideas where I could get it?

I got one on Craig's list. Im looking to get rod of it actually so I sent u a PM

Back