Herculiner

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
I kinda made it out of TruckHaven ok. The only body damage I had was to the cheap old tuperware. I plan on ripping off the one on the drivers side(the trail did the passanger) and coating the part that the plastic used to cover with Herculiner. The only problem I have is I've got a sport. On the sport the piece of plastic from the wheels runs right into the rockers. I'm hoping that a hacksaw is all I need to fix this. My question is....if I cut this small piece off from the wheel to where it ends, will I need to drive in some screws to hold it on?? I plan on putting a coat of Herc. to help "mold" where the seam is, but I don't know if Herc. will form a mold to hold the plastic on. Any suggestions will be great. Also....It says that I should wash everything with Xylene. Where can I get this?? Will Dawn do the job?? I plan on washing off all the dirt that's on there first, but I'm thinking more about the grease.

Don't worry either....I plan on wearing rubber gloves and a con@@@ the entire time. :)

Back