Here are My pix of my lifted Explorer, yay yay!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here are My pix of my lifted Explorer, yay yay!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks amazing. I guess a suspension liFt is next on my liSt. Good work! :confused:

hehe, a list next on your lift.

Damn it. I had lift on there twice the first time. But I edited the wrong one. I am just awe struck over the beauty of your ride. So did they mention any difficulties or anything with the install? Do you think after you do the TT that'll solve the rub problems?

They said there wasn't any complications at all putting the lift on. The TT, I asked em and they said they had em cranked all the way. Not only does that not sound entirely good to me, but it doesn't appear that way by looking at it, it is about 1-2" lower in the front with the shackles on. Then again they are brand new springs, and the Warrior shackles are bigger. But I'm gonna take a look at it this weekend, when doing some trimming, and see if the torsion bars need to be tweaked any at all.

As of now it looks as if the only way to fix the rubbing, is to do a decent amount of cutting, plastic/molding, and some body metal, etc. Dad says its ok though, heh, he really likes it. Still doesn't think it was worth the money though he says, lol.

And Big O said that if I had any problems with rubbing with the 10"s after I was done doing trimming, to bring em back in, and they would throw me 8" rims. And that alone would help a lot, but the 10"s look a lot cooler. IMO.

Well when the time comes to do mine, I'm gonna ask you all kinds of questions, okay?

No problem, while that may not be the best idea, since I'm not that knowledgable, I'll try to answer whatever i can.

Wow that thing is huge! Looks great. I'm interested to know why you didn't do SOA in the rear?

Refer to that part about where I said I don't know much, heh, I'm pretty new to all this car stuff to be honest, anything I do to my car I have my friend there to help me with it, cause I'm learning. I don't really know anything about the SOA = Spring Over Axle I think, Anyway is there a benefit to doing this? And does it have anything to do with putting blocks on the back, cause my friends all said they would of made fun of me if I put blocks on the back, cause they ride like trash.

Originally posted by Klowns
I don't really know anything about the SOA = Spring Over Axle I think, Anyway is there a benefit to doing this? And does it have anything to do with putting blocks on the back, cause my friends all said they would of made fun of me if I put blocks on the back, cause they ride like trash.

Yup, spring over...Doesn't involve blocks, just involves getting a new bracket and flipping the leaf springs from being mounted underneath the axle to above the axle. It's pretty much the easiest way to lift the rear of the explorer if you don't weld on new spring perches. From what I hear it's not too hard even if you do weld them on, just a little more time. It doesn't change the ride that much, and I'm sure it would be better than having blocks. Also, if you go with superlift brackets, I've heard the make the springs move around a little, but have never had a problem with mine.

Great work Klowns, a very very nice looking rig!

Looks great....what about driveshaft lengths??

Drive shafts are fine, anything over 4" and you gotta play with em. As far as doing the SOA, It's nice to have the springs beneath the axle "in case" i happen to have to slide, i'd rather slide on the springs then the axle, and also, the back is already higher than the front, doing the SOA now with the new springs, wouldn't that make it like 3" higher than it is?

BTW, I did a lot of metal and plastic trimming today, and I'm going out to the desert tonight, I think it'll be ok, might have to do a little bit of trimming later, but it's looking good.

Ya, if the truck is already level then definately don't do the SOA. That's just another option to give you 5 or so " in the rear. I guess you used new springs to lift the rear?

Good luck off the pavement!

Yeah the springs that came with the 4" kit.

I went to Sycamore Creek, dunno if that's how you spell it. Anyway went Saturday night, was pretty awesome, Hundereds of trucks, quads, bikes out there, was pretty sweet. I only rubbed 1 time, but we didn't do anything to intense, I still need to do even more trimming. I put an updated picture of how the trimming looks now, and it's still gonna need more, and I'm going to have to trim in the back too it looks, i did a little flexing and it looked like if the back wheel was shoved anymore into the well, it would hit the fender too. So still got a ways to go on the fender trimming, or maybe just get some perry's.

http://members.cardomain.com/klowns

wow that looks amazing! and you have a huge freakin house!! im putting the lift next on my list too, but i kind of want to wait for the RCD kit for coilovers and getting rid of those damn torsion mounts. how much did the lift cost you if you dont mind me asking?

Got the lift for $1560 to my house from 4wheelparts.com

and you installed it with your friend? was it hard and how long did it take?

Hey man about blocks thing.........I wouldn't worry about what my friends thought if I had a truck that huge!!!

Congats, you're only like the 4th 2nd gen on the site with 35's!

Was going to do it with my friend but he didn't have much time without making it a 1-2 week project, and work on it every now and then. So I took it to a shop, and had it installed for $550, was only supposed to be $450, but they charged an extra 100, but they did a good, so I'm not gonna fight with em about it.

And they actually did the lift in about 4-5 hours.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOOK'S OK, but I"m not into lifting up trucks, I really don't like doing that, but hey everyone has their opinion. ;)

Back