• Register Today It's free!

Here goes. 5.0L swap parts list?

MustangShane

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Orion, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 4dr XLT 4x4.
Has anyone thats done a 5.0l swap please give me a list of the parts I'm going to need to do the swap. I'm going carburated if I do it and I want to use an F150 5-speed and manual trans & transfer case. I definatly want to swap over to a manual just to avoid trans problems. If this is a bad idea for a trans then please let me know.
I know I'll need to do a 1" body lift. But what motor mounts, am I going to have to modify the trans crossover, what about the drive shafts, Headers? You know thngs like that. I have searched threads and these are the questions I couldn't find answers for.
The reason I ask is I'm get a sum of money back from taxes this year that I'll be able to take a portion of and make changes to my truck or buy a toy. Also there's someone interested in trading a 302 for an extra 4.0L I have sitting around. So that'll leave me with a spare 302 when I blow the first one up ;) . But I can't spend a month without my truck. Couple weeks okay. But not a month. Thanks in advance.

The problem with the F-150 transfer case is making it fit under the floor and between the frame rails, especially with the Explorer fuel tank size and location.

All your other questions have been answered time and time again, check out the 5.0L conversion article here:
therangerstation.com

then go read the 5.0L forum here:
rangerpowersports.com

and if that doesnt answer it come back here and search for 5.0L conversion, 302 swap, etc etc....

Hope that helps!!

I guess I'll have to do that again. I dont want to use the 1354 with all that power.

Back