• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Here is my Daily driver

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
While building my 89 I became very restless and needed to wheel. So here is my daily/wheeler....

1988 Bronco II, this was the day she came home

I found a good deal on some stock Sploder wheels and also some Firestone Destination M/T's.... 31x10.5x15

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
First thing on the list was convert to on board air....

Out for a little test drive....

Last edited:
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
Time for some suspension upgrades.....

Hydro assist......

Skyjacker extended radius arms....

And a D35 swap.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
We went on a trip with the guys from BroncoII.org and had quite a few problems with the coils popping out....we did manage some new body damage

After getting home I decided to swap out to my Skyjacker 6" coils, spring retainers, and Poly Performance limiting straps

410Fortune

Mud Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 Slightly Modified
hell yeah

hey did you double up on teh rear bushings on the radius arms? why?
just curious

I see your using eccentric bolts in the drop brackets are those the rough country eccentric cam drop brackets or did you mod them like that?

Looks great your daily BII is nice cant wait to see the 89 on 38's :)

me = jealous

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
You know, I never noticed that in the pic.... there is actually only one bushing there on the radius arm.

The drop brackets are Tough Country......

410Fortune

Mud Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 Slightly Modified
I always get those two mixed up Tough and Rough

Did the eccentric bolts get used for alignment?
I see its jsut a rib on the rubber bushing...my bad

Looks so clean, I remember when my radius arms looked like that!

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
Im not real sure. When I bought the Bronco it had a 4" Rancho lift installed and the eccentric bolt washers were tack welded to the frame. I reused the original bolts and have had it aligned twice now and they never touch them.

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
Nice rig. Looks like that was a blast wheeling that truck. Hope you got that air tank bolted down? Keep those pics coming.

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
Nice rig. Looks like that was a blast wheeling that truck. Hope you got that air tank bolted down? Keep those pics coming.
Im heavy with the foot on the right.... the tank is bolted down, trust me

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
well.... coming back from the dead. Time to get back on the BII. Tomorrow morning im picking up a D44 from a 74EB for $60.00. It needs the knuckles out so Im going to use late 70's so I will have disc brakes in the front. Im going to use adapters in the rear to make the lug pattern match... here are the wheels, Im going to order the KORE weld on beadlock kit

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
Well, here she is, 74 EB D44

Last edited:
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
the wheels are the Cragar soft 8's that Summit sells, I think I paid like 45.00 per wheel, they were cheap

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
I was pretty happy finding the D44 that cheap. It will take a couple of months to piece together all the stuff I want. My plans up front are either Fox air shocks or Sway-A-Way air shocks, Im using the stock radius arms but will be extending them, disc brake swap up front, lockers, and gears front and rear. Im not sure what gears yet.... I drive this back and forth to work but its only about 10 miles each way. Im still running the 2.9 and for now it runs great. For tires I will be running somewhere in the nature of 36's so I need to find out what gears are going to work the best for now.

Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
What is the back spacing on them? Im needing a new set
These have a 4" but I believe they have another set with 3.75. Check they're site, in the search just type in Cragar soft 8, there are a few options there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

MustangP51

Reaction score
City, State
Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Limited V8

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Bronco II 11
Palmer7 Bronco II 5
R Bronco II 7
janderson4010 Bronco II 2
N Bronco II 4