• Register Today It's free!

Here they are!

ok guy here are some preliminary pics
View

this is the before with 3.5 inches of suspension lift
View

here is the after with 7 inches of suspension lift and 2 inches of body lift
View

Here is a picture of my rear bumper I may be making some of these to sell what do you guys think? each side comes off and is independent. It is really heavy duty.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think its a beauty, however why did you put the extra 2" of body lift in? Did you expirence rubbing under compression? It looks like the tires clear fine...
However, I may be a little partial... I WANT TO LIFT MY EXPLORER!! Mommy, these boys are mean to me, they keep lifing there Explorers and mine still has that rear end sag :(
As soon as i get a 2nd Explorer perferably 91-94 Sport with Manual trans, t-case and hubs. Along with those 4.56 and Detroit in the rear with that Dana 44 up front stuffed with an ARB sporting a nice set of 35's I may be happy. Only thing is I dont know a college student or for that fact many people that can afford such. Oh well we can all dream cant we??
By the way what size tire are you runing??
Have a great day everyone,
<><

Nice ride man... can I ask you what type of front bumper you have on there, it looks sweet.

Chris

I made my front bumper. The frame is 6" channel iron. Then I just cut the buttom off of my old bush gaurd and wlded it on the top. Its heavy duty a real hit $hit bumper probably weighs around 200lbs. and has a place to mount my winch if I ever get it fixed. As for the rear bumper it's kind of a proto type I'll probably want around 500 or so but the only thing is that it is heavy too. Heavier then the front. If you hit something or something hits you it wont budge. It also has a 6" channel iron frame. It won't bend or break. On the far side of the gas cans is a holder for a hi-lift jack. I'll get some better pics up as soon as I get it painted and stuff.
The tires that are on it are off of my brothers truck I just borrowed them for a day I'll be running 35x12.50s on 15x8s and they should clear but to be sure I installed a 2inch body lift. any more questions just ask.

They are 33x1250s on 15x12s they work really well in the sand.

I can see my Explorer in the first picture!

Anyway, looks good Robbie! I saw it parked on Campus a few weeks ago and I thought it looked really funny with the small tires. Your back bumper looks good too.

I can vouch for him when he says his front bumper is heavy duty! It is a tough and well built bumper.

Let me know when you start to make your rock sliders.

truck turned out great Robbie! i really do like the bumper, but it's a little to heavy for me. how are you liking those james duff arms? hopefully you'll be wiring up that cd changer this weekend and adding some audio to your off-road. GOOD JOB!-russel

RobbieJ,
if your going to build another bumper and want to as a Grill Gaurd to it, i have one that you buy faily cheep.(lights not included) This Grill Gaurd came off my 84 Bronco II.

Update(4/13/2001)
The Brush Gaurd has been sold

BrushGuard.jpg

Dont know how I missed this thread.....
Wow, looks great Robbie!
Id be very interested in the rear tire/gas-can carrier. Let me know.
Once again, great job.
Rod

ohh yaaa why are you going with 15x8's and not 15x10 rims? What backspacing on the rims you going with?
Thanks.

Hey I can see my headlight in the first pic! must been one of those many times you pulled me out! lol Looks really nice! I like the rear bumper and all of the changes!

I might also be interested in the rear bumper.

nice looking rig you've got there!

I decided to go with 15x8s standard backspacing because of the 35's. I didn't want to do any trimming or at least as little as possible. As far and the rear tire carrier as soon as I get better pics I'll send some to you. But I have material to make about 3 more. Robbie

Very nice!!!

Those rims are huge! If you yell into them, can you hear your echo?

Robbie,

Forgive me if I'm being retarded, but what is the standard backspacing, 3.75?
Thanks,
I'll take one of the tire carriers Robbie, how much?

Nice truck Robbie,
I just wish I had a 4x4 so I could come out and play!

Rear bumper/tire carrier

I'm interested in a rear bumper. Tired of the spare on top of the roof. You said around $500. Is this correct and if you had a down payment what would the time line be like?

Thanks

That may be one of the best looking explorers I have ever seen

Back