Here's my baby, hope you like it! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here's my baby, hope you like it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,
You have to move your photos from incoming into another folder so that the rest of the world can view them. Only you can see what is in the Incoming folder.

That's not always true. I've got three or four photos in the incoming album that are posted on the board. However I'm just using photopoint.com to host them, but show them here.

Josh...I saw your other post and went ahead and merged them into this thread. Your photos are now working just fine. :)

View

If you're up to it check out the "Explorer4x4 Quick Help" thread in the New Members forum. It's got details on how you can post your own photos on the board.

I'd also like to take this minute to welcome you to the site. You'll find anything and everything all right here.

not bad at all. you may wanna consider loosing the running boards. just a though-russel

Thanks alot for your help leebo, i really appricate it.

olivesman, how do would it look if i got rid of the boards? What about the piece that is a part of the front fenders? I had to take it off and trim it some when i put the 31's on it, I don't know how that would look if i took it all off there, it would probably look like the bottom part of a 92, before they started putting those on there, you think so?

which flares are those? do you like them? any complaints about them? SEAL

You know, i can't really remember what brand they are. I like them or the looks, they only gave me about 1 or so. Cops are strick about tires sticking out past the fenders. I don't like the back 2 piece. The pieces that are on the doors, one of them is twisted so it's allowing mud to get up under it which makes for some hard cleaning, but other then that, they're cool. I'll check and see what brand they are and let you know. Thanks

Happy trailes!

what is the off set on your wheels? what kind and what size?(15 x8 i am assuming)

Yeah they are 15x8. The cheap factory ones were 15x7 with 225-70's so it's quite a big jump to the 31's. It was a good 1.5" or so, that's why i got the flares. I'm please with the way it looks, thanks for looking!

They're ARE Baja with 31-10.50 Firestone Wilderness type 3. I know what you're thinking, but i really like them, they do good in off road!

Happy trailes!

nice truck! what kind of roof rack is that? i like the lower profile of yours compared to others i've seen. could you let me know where you found it? thanks.

Thanks, glad you like it! The rack is SteelHorse. I ordered mine out of JC Whitney. I comes with some mounting bracks that you use with your luggage rack. If you have anymore questions just let me know, thanks!

Happy trailes!

thanks, jot, i think i see my next mod, and it's on the top of your truck!

oh, by the way, is yours the 40x48 or the 40x60? i found it on www.jcwhitney.com and they have two sizes.

running boards

i just made the comment b/c it will appear your rig is sitting a little higher, but if that is your preference then go for it. if you search the sight you'll find pictures of both and it could help w/ your decision. i just feel it loos a lot better w/o the boards. it's been debated on here for a while and i thin most people prefer no running boards. great rig though-russel

i took my running boards off a few weeks ago, definitely made it look taller! these are just okay pics but you can see the difference it made.

View

View

Thanks for the reply's fellas.

drmoore71, mine is 40x48 or what ever size the smaller one is. You will not need to order a mounting kit. They told me i needed and it came in first so i started looking at it and me and my buddy decided that it wouldn't work the way it was suppose to, so we did some cuttin and modifiying and when the rack came in it had a mount system with it so i called JC and talk to a customer service rep and she was going back and forth with me and her manager and i ended up getting my money back for those brackets even though they were cut and stuff. That was $35. So, save the money and don't order any.

olivesman----glad you like my rig, but i don't really have the running boards like drmoore has, mine just has the little "strip" or what ever it is actually called. That's why i was asking you what it would look like. I agree with you in that it would look higher up, it sounds cool. I do a search in a few and see what i can find. Thanks again bud!

Happy trailes!

thanks for the info, i think i'll be getting it in a couple weeks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to hear it bud. I love mine, but it makes a big difference on the interstate. I lost power, but if i cared about that i wouldn't have modified it right?! We sell SteelHorse where i work and i notice that they make a front windguard like on the exterra's for resistance, i'm going to look into to see what if i can get one, i think it'd be nice look, it's black, maybe put some stickers on it and stuff, what do you think?

olivesman, i did a search and found some good stuff. Have you seen that rockerkit from explorer express? It would probably be worth the money if it covers the holes, you think so?

Happy trailes!

Back