Here's the new ex. *56k will not like me* | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here's the new ex. *56k will not like me*

Well, here's my new to me explorer. Got it about the end of august, and just now got a digi camera card reader for pics, because they're mandatory! :)

There it is, rather stock looking, complete with butt sag :rolleyes:
728977_15.jpg

Interior, started the two tone process.... revinyled my center console, w/ black vinyl, painted airbag cover and vents. Next are the door panels.
728977_16.jpg

While I'm talking about the interior, have to post the white faced guages :D
day
728977_19.jpg

night
728977_20.jpg

Here's the rear, all stickered up :cool: With carbon fiber tezz'as.
728977_18.jpg

728977_24.jpg

And some stereo stuff, I got 4000 watts at the moment, and 4 12" subs.
Will be 1-3 more 4000 watt amps, depending on funds? mmm 8000-16,000 watts.... :eek:

Here's one of 4 subs, rated to take upwards of 3000w for burps, I've given them 3600w in the past, so I stepped up to an even 4kw digital. Modified MA Audio HK4000D, and MA Audio Hard Kore X2 subs.
728977_8.jpg

Here's a sealed box, I'm running for winter to conserve my cargo area.
728977_7.jpg

my old spl setup, just 2 12"s.... managed 148/150.4 on termlab..
And got a state spl record.
728977_6.jpg

Built a new box now! ;) I can pop a 153+ on the A/C mic now :thumbsup:
728977_23.jpg

again thats with 2 of my 4 12"s, cant wait and see what all 4 will do with the power!

And my Headunit/equalizer... I have a 30 band EQ in my room waiting on warm weather again... (I got a while for that :mad: )
728977_22.jpg

more at http://www.sounddomain.com/id/davesexplorer2

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do you have any problems with cd's skipping with yer subs up? my sony i bought (don't have model # right now) but specifically said it was SKIP PROOF! but with my subs up it still skips the cd :fire: too much damn $$$ to spend. if i wanted a crappy cd player i'd have bought a cheap one. neways this is with 1100 watts and 2 15's w/ the frequency set to about 14... sure does move some air. neways i absolutely despise the radio so cd's are all i got. what head unit u have and how much did u pay and does it skip with the bass up? i'm jus curious. edit: found what type of hu u had... is it good?

yep I'm very happy with it, its an alpine cda-9807, newer version cda-9817. I personally like all of alpines decks, never had a problem with it skipping from bass, a really, really big bump, sure it'll skip, but that's rare.

Looks great. Love the color combo!

Nice ride, that thing is going to pound :eek:

Thanks all. Its a constant work in progress :)

BTW feel free to drop by my sounddomain page and vote whether I should lift or lower the ex come spring? I'm really unsure....
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/davesexplorer2

So did you do anything about the butt sag?

This spring I'll either be lifting it or lowering it.... unsure now, kinda leaning toward lowering the front to match the rear, and get some nice 20"s with my tax return next year. :)

hiridin said:
do you have any problems with cd's skipping with yer subs up? my sony i bought (don't have model # right now) but specifically said it was SKIP PROOF! but with my subs up it still skips the cd :fire: too much damn $$$ to spend. if i wanted a crappy cd player i'd have bought a cheap one. neways this is with 1100 watts and 2 15's w/ the frequency set to about 14... sure does move some air. neways i absolutely despise the radio so cd's are all i got. what head unit u have and how much did u pay and does it skip with the bass up? i'm jus curious. edit: found what type of hu u had... is it good?

Why dont you buy a HU with a mini disc slot?

Back