Hesitation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hesitation

ratlm3

Reaction score
96 XLT with 140K miles: Over the past year I have been chasing a hesitation problem. The hesitation occurs at different times. I read on this forum where the Mass Air Flow sensor is a cronic problem. Before replacing it I replaced the spark plugs, then the spark wires with no luck. The the CEL came on and the codes pointed to the O2 sensors so I replaced them and that satisfied the CEL but the hesitation persists. So I finally bit the bullet and replaced the MAF sensor. Still got the hesitation and no idea where to turn. Any suggestions.

possible solution?

hey, i have been in a similiar battle, check out the thread entitled "Engine Misses/bucks under load. No codes " under this section.

if you are having the same problem, it might lead you to your solution...i am checking into my coil packs tonight again, but read the thread first.

hope it helps!

Did you clear the memory on the ECM yet? If not, disconnect the battery and let it sit for about 10 minutes.

check the coil pack for primary and secondary resistance with a multimeter, and don't assume that a new one is good just because it is new. Bring the multimeter to the place where you are buying the coil and test it before you buy it. I got screwed with an autozone coil b/c i assumed it was good.

see thread:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90340

Back