Hey Everyone :D | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hey Everyone :D

egypticus

Reaction score
City, State
coventry
Hey everyone my name is Jon and i am not yet an owner of the ford explorer but i have driven one and loved the comfyness of it so once i sell my current car - nissan 300zx i will be purchasing a Ford explorer. ( i have liked this car from a kid due to the jurassic park movie) .

Can anyone tell me what the mpg are like driving normally around town and motorway? as the main reason for the swap is due to the current car drinking fuel like theres no tomorow. Anything i should look out for when going to view one? Just the usual stuff....

Anyway nice to be here and will be on this forum a lot more while i keep an eye out for one. :)

Jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This may just be me, but i get anywhere from 12-14 mpg. but that may be because i drive a 5 speed like a racecar driver. 2000 sport (2 door) standard trans.

That isnt too bad compared to what i get now, i also have a heavy foot but i think in this car i would be more inclined to cruise at normal speeds so hoping the mpg stays as high as poss, also a lot of the explorers on ebay are already converted with lpg so thats a bonus aswell. Ill have to do a few insurance quotes but i cant see it being that bad to be honest i only have good insurance at the minuite due to classic car insurance, i am 25 no noclaims bonus and driving for 4 years.

well that strange thing is that my insurance is more expensive than my 96' integra (DOHC vtec) that i used to have.

I would highly reccomend getting a 5.0 V8 Explorer (1996-2001).

1. It sounds so much better than the V6
2. So many more performance options
3. Way more reliable engine AND trans than the V6's
4. The same; if not better (Ive had 3 V6 Expo's and my V8 gets better MPGs)

I had a 95' Sport, then went to a 2002 Grand Am GT, the insurance dropped a decent ammount, and then went to my current 2000 Explorer V8 Limited, and the insurance is the same. (Im only 19).

OH; and plus the ExplorerForum is the best vehicle enthusiast forum known to man!:thumbsup:

I wish i had a V8, the V6 with a chopped off muffler just isnt enough...

Back