Hey from Russia!

statusoff

Reaction score
City, State
Ufa city
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer
Hey guys! I'm from Russia, so please sorry for my english :hammer:
May you notice that we got theese old trucks here and even trying to drive it? :D
Mine 1st gen explorer pics, it almost stock, wheels are stock with 31" BFGoodrich:

25ca0b2s-960.jpg

786ee0as-960.jpg

c790d92s-960.jpg

1996d2s-960.jpg

8cf5ed2s-960.jpg

2f5ed2s-960.jpg

And that moment come, my a4ld just died)) Nothing new :thumbsup:
1 Tahoe + 1 tow rope = 6 months of repairs

9599b1as-960.jpg

b599b1as-480.jpg

And here was another 1st Explorer with dead a4ld, surpirsed :D

15e9b1as-960.jpg

His contition was bad, but its gone away with almost brand new tranny, while mine explorer is still here in car repair box, waiting some stuff for a4ld.

f9e9b1as-960.jpg

2b7849as-480.jpg

I'm planning to do a small suspension lift.
And thees why i need explorer in my town, it was a little bit rainy day :D My wife liked it :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guys, do you have some pics with offroad rims 15*8.5 and with -ET?

Hi! Great to see a 1st gen in Russia. I didn't know there were any in Ru -- I have seen some in Sweden and Norway, but never a Russian one. Are 1st gens rare in Russia?

As for wheels, 15 x 8 is more common over here, but 15 x 8.5/9/10 also works. The Ex is 5 lug by 4.5" (?). I don't know how that translates into offset (ET). I'm sure others here do know. Welcome to the site!

Also. For A4LD transmission parts, here is a good place:
http://www.bulkpart.com/

You'd select "Automatic" and "A4LD".

Looks like you have Limited wheels (?) I'm wondering about what Explorers were exported to Russia. XLT? 93-94 Limited? Sport? Manual transmissions? 2WD?

Thanks) On seats written Limited, rear door has XLT label, so I don't sure what actually it is. It's 4.0 AT 4x4 with manual hubs.
They wasn't officially imported, they just came on ship here in 90-th))

In the 2nd picture is that a UAZ?

Yeah, that piece of rust :D It's not mine

Thanks) On seats written Limited, rear door has XLT label, so I don't sure what actually it is. It's 4.0 AT 4x4 with manual hubs.
They wasn't officially imported, they just came on ship here in 90-th))

I'd say it's an XLT, but someone put Limited seats and wheels on it.
The grille is not a Limited grille, they had narrower "bars" on them.

Are those stickers on the side? The white chevron-looking things? Or is that painted on? It's kind of neat. Plus I didn't know they sold BFG tires in Russia.

Hope the transmission is doing ok. After a rebuild it's probably a good idea to change its fluid and filter after a month or two. Get the SPX Microfelt filters from bulkpart.com -- be sure and get the long tube one for 4x4. They are better than the simple screen OEM type filters.

White stripes on the body is paint, somebody decided that it's cool :D I'm planning full paint job with u-pol raptor with some bright color, like orange or marine blue))

About a4ld, do we have to change all oil in system? I didn't know about that, thanks)

About a4ld, do we have to change all oil in system? I didn't know about that, thanks)

Yes it would be a good idea.

If your truck has an external transmission cooler (up by the radiator, it looks like a smaller radiator) then the procedure is pretty easy.

A lot of text, but the general procedure is here:
http://www.explorerforum.com/Singleton/web/pages/at1.html

Basically, you remove the transmission pan, replace the filter (long tube SPX Microfelt) and o-rings (one large, and one small), put pan on tightening bolts in a criss-cross pattern, then drain the rest of the fluid using the tranny cooler out hose, drain 1 liter, put 1 liter in through the filler neck. Repeat until it comes out nice and red.

Thanks,)) This UAZ model is pretty cool, if its in good condition, have all the stuff needed in offtoad and look brutal :D I think I will buy one if find in good shape, the common problem with UAZ is bad factory body works, so car getting rust very quick)

Thanks,)) This UAZ model is pretty cool, if its in good condition, have all the stuff needed in offtoad and look brutal :D I think I will buy one if find in good shape, the common problem with UAZ is bad factory body works, so car getting rust very quick)

In the 90's there was talk of UAZ importing a truck called the "CCMV" to the United States. Nothing ever came of it as far as I know. It was a neat little truck. That rusty one looks sort of like it.

Hello and welcome:thumbsup:

My english sucks to.. so now we are 2

Yes, here is the Norway member I remember :)

Always good to see you guys around. I'd love to go to Bergen / Trondheim or the Lofoten Islands some time. Maybe one day. And to see any Edvard Grieg stuff you guys have.

In the 90's there was talk of UAZ importing a truck called the "CCMV" to the United States. Nothing ever came of it as far as I know. It was a neat little truck. That rusty one looks sort of like it.

That truck?)
image.png

No, more like this:

p1444588878-3.jpg

... And to see any Edvard Grieg stuff you guys have.

Oh man! Grieg is my all-time favorite classical composer!! I mean.. Peer Gynt Suite, Concerto in A Minor!!!! Fuggedaboudit!!! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So cool! I never thought I would see an Explorer next to a UAZ.

I play a lot of SpinTires, really love the older Russian trucks :)

Back