Hey guys how many miles are you getting on a full tank? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hey guys how many miles are you getting on a full tank?

TwiztidRat

Reaction score
City, State
blah
Year, Model & Trim Level
blah blah
Hey everyone, I have the SOHC and noticed right now I'm just about 200 miles since I last filled my tank, and the needle is almost on E. I know there's a few gallons reserve even after the needle is pegged but just checking if the mileage I'm getting is reasonable. I drive all city stop and go traffic too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

96 4.0 OHV filled it yesterday. 300.0 miles 16.6 gallons=18.Mpg. When I changed the fuel pump, I adjusted the float. It used to run 100 miles before it would drop below full. Now it drops below full around 60 miles. 16.6 gallons, the gauge was between 1/4 and MT.

Nice. I also forgot to add I have the 4 door, so I have the 21 gallon tank. I know when the needle is pegged on E and won't budge I could only get about 18.5 gallons before gas almost poured out of the filler neck.

'98 4.0 4door 2 wheel. At 300 miles I start looking, been getting 20-22 gpm on the hwy and 16- 17 around town. Have 167K on the truck.

99 4.0 SOHC 4dr about 340 to 360 depending on my driving.

260 if I'm lucky. All country driving with speeds averaging 55-65.

Do you guys chance running bone dry or do you fill up when you hit E?

In my 01 ST I get between 250 and 300 miles on ~18 gallons. That's before and after the lift/tires and mostly highway driving.

My 98 4.0 OHV 5-Speed 4x4 Sport, around 21-22 mpg on the highway, and 18 or so in town. If I push it comfortably, I do around 330 on a full tank, but that does not happen often as I don't let it fall below 1/4 a tank, to keep the fuel pump cool!

98 2wd 5.0, about 350 if i baby it. but i dont, so about 300

98 2wd 5.0, about 350 if i baby it. but i dont, so about 300

my 2006 V8 is almost identical. I am looking at max of 400-420 if I am crazy lucky but most of the time I fill up around 300-350. I like to stay above a quarter tank.

my 2006 V8 is almost identical. I am looking at max of 400-420 if I am crazy lucky but most of the time I fill up around 300-350. I like to stay above a quarter tank.

at 350 miles i better find a gas station QUICK. i dont think i have ever gone past 350. never tried. if it was all highway i could, but 90% of my driving is city. and i love the sound of the 5.0 revving past 4k. just hope at 172k miles, it likes it also!

at 350 miles i better find a gas station QUICK. i dont think i have ever gone past 350. never tried. if it was all highway i could, but 90% of my driving is city. and i love the sound of the 5.0 revving past 4k. just hope at 172k miles, it likes it also!

yea most weeks 90% of my true fuel economy is based off of city mpg which in my ex the way I drive is about a 5 mile commute to work and 5 miles back. So I average about 13-13.5mpg.

yea most weeks 90% of my true fuel economy is based off of city mpg which in my ex the way I drive is about a 5 mile commute to work and 5 miles back. So I average about 13-13.5mpg.

i have some highway in there, visiting parents and the baby momma. over a full tank im averaging 18. thats combined city/highway and being gentle on the go pedal the further the fun gauge gets to E

if you drive without using your brake and push the gas peddle like their is an egg on it and a glass of water on your dash well then your beast like mine should get a max of around 23-24. We are talking extreme hyper mileage here to get this though.

if you drive without using your brake and push the gas peddle like their is an egg on it and a glass of water on your dash well then your beast like mine should get a max of around 23-24. We are talking extreme hyper mileage here to get this though.

when i hit the whoa pedal, i hit it hard. which im SURE i contributing to my decreased mpg. but i knew when i bought my ex it would get shiatty mpg, and even worse when i wanted the 5.0. i didnt buy it for the mpg. hell, even in my miata, its only averaging the low 20's. i just cant keep my foot out of it!

265 about. 60%-75% city driving.

I need a new EGR valve and new plugs.

265 about. 60%-75% city driving.

I need a new EGR valve and new plugs.

im sure i need new plugs/wires. they are in unknown condition. the motor has a twitch in it at idle. just have not replaced them. i know the egr valve works. i tested it when i replaced the egr tube a week or so ago.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 01 V8 AWD gets about 16-17 city and 20-21 on the highway. Much better then the 13/18 I was getting with my old '98 V6 OHV 4x2.

Back