• Register Today It's free!

Hey Guys

ExplorerGirl157

Reaction score
City, State
Holliston MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport
Hey guys, i just got my license about three weeks ago and a week ago i got my sisters old car. A '93 explorer sport.. I love it. I took it to get inspected and it did not pass, i needed a few lights for it a front left marker and two new rear tires. Right now its in rough shape, im missing door handles on the inside, the center console is broken, the front bumper is rusted and my rims are really really dirty :confused: I have 275's on my car right now and when i get the money im gonna put 30" or 31"'s on my truck.

As for me, im a 17 year old girl from MASS, i love to off road and hope to with my new truck!!

Explorer Girl

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site. Sounds like quite a truck ;) Good luck getting 'er fixed up :thumbsup:

Welcome to the site.

And also nice to see a fellow sport driver too.

Welcome. Good to see another local on the board.

How's it going Explorer Girl? The best vehicles are the ones you have to fix up. Makes you really want to take care of them. Especially when you see the money going out on them!!! LOL. Nice to see another girl on this site. We need more women in this sport. Remeber anything men can do we can teach them to do better!! Ha- Ha just joking. NOT!! LOL. Peace.

Hello there, and welcome. That Explorer sounds like it could use some caring for in order to squeeze some more reliable miles out of it.

Personally (from my sad personal experience, long story) I can tell you that it's very easy to get carried away with detailing/making it look more "cool", while the priority should be to do all the maintenance on it first (plugs, wires, fluid changes) because that's what's going to save you money and a lot of trouble at the end. The wide tires are a cool idea, but make sure you have a working truck to begin with before the detailing part (you can get a set of used but good condition tires from a scrap yard for very cheap, and use them for now while you do the important stuff first) ;) Good luck, and remember that you can find a lot of useful "how to" info on this site by using the "search" option - virtually everything in terms of problems/repairs has been discussed before. :D

is the 93 a stick or auto?
welcome

welcome to the site....

WELCOME, now just pick up some front F-150 coil spacer's and some shackles and you can fit 31's, there is also 2inch and 3 inch body lift's, if you dont care if the frame shows

good luck

welcome to the site, i just joined myself. My first vehicle was an 89 ranger with no speedometer, odometer gas gauge, backseat, or good looks. It was fun for a first car though, im sure your explorer will be too.

Welcome. Good to see someone else close by. Good luck with getting your truck fixed for inspection

Welcome to the best Explorer site on the internet.. :chug:

Welcome aboard, its kinda weird, you have the same last 3 numbers as me

Welcome Explorer Girl. Listen to these guys, they know what they talk about. See ya around.

Back