• Register Today It's free!

Hey guys

elitecloud

Reaction score
City, State
Maricopa, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 EB
I'am new to the forums, I just bought a 98' Ford Explorer EB ed. and was wondering if i could find out more information about it.

First, it has 90k on it, leather seats power everything, i paid 3k cash for it. just want to know if that was a good deal or not...so far i'm happy with the truck..

I have read the "Quick Reference For Audio Forum" post, and it's helpful to a point, but i was looking for a more specific answer- do i have the priemium / mach or what have you- it has the CD / Cassette / 6CD changer, buttons on the steering wheel and in the back seats. what sound package is this?

When i upgrade to an aftermarket HU, how much is the wiring harness going to cost me to keep the controls in the back and in the steering wheel. Is this a job i can do myself, i've installed 2 radio's before, one in an Olds Alero and one in a Geo Storm.

I've also installed an amp / subs in a friend of mine's Explorer, it was a PITA to get a good ground, could anyone post a picture of where thier ground is, because we put the amp on the back seat drivers side seat, and tried to put the ground in that metal area directly under the flap that comes from the cargo area in the back to the seat, and it wasn't fun, it's like it's not metal it's plastic or somthing i have no clue but i don't want to go down that road again, it took me right at 2 hours to find a 'decent' ground, and it was under a screw.....not good at all

Another thing is the driver's seat doesn't recline back, there isn't a latch there, just switches and stuff, is there a hidden latch or somthing that i'm missing, i'm 6'4 so i would love to lean back in the truck ;-)

Ok i guess that's it, any help would be greatly appreciated, and i plan to frequent the site more and more as the mods and stuff progress on the explorer.

Thanks guys

some pics of the truck

cars0029vd.jpg

cars0037qd.jpg

cars0040ro.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome!

It sounds like you've got the premium system unless you have a factory subwoofer in the back that your not telling us about.

As for the head unit, If you buy it from www.crutchfield.com they will include the din tools to remove your factory unit along with a wiring harness directly matched to fit your truck and instructions for free, I highly recommend going that route.

I forgot where I mounted my ground but it shouldnt be too hard to find some exposed body under the carpet or compartments where you can run it. Someone else can chime in here.

Sounds like the seat latch is broken, Ive got power seats on my 99 and recline is one of the buttons, although this was probably a new option in 99...Sounds like the latch was broken off somehow.

Truck looks very nice!

how would i know if there is a sub in the back or not

i know there is a carry compartment on the left side, with nothing much in it, but not one on the right side -- does that = sub?

thanks

bump - i've used crutchfield when i bought my car and did the install on that - deff going down that road again no doubt

Back