• Register Today It's free!

Hey im gabe

C3realT61

Reaction score
City, State
XENIA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999, explorer suv 4.0L v
Im new and i need a lil help.... I have a 1999 ford explorer limited edition v6 4.0L i know nothing about i have a antifreeze leak and i think its in the back of the gasket on the thermostat housing house do i find out for sure?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This thread may have some good info:

Welcome.

If you have never done so, for the price, i would go ahead and get a thermostat a gasket and change them. Along with the housing if it is indeed the plastic one. Also save yourself a headache and get a motorcraft oem Tstat. If you have a heater core line running to the housing go ahead and change that to while your there. Shouldnt be more than 40-50$ From memory there isnt alot there to leak coolant other than the housing/hoses.

Welcome to this forum! A cooling system pressure tester is a good tool to have. You could connect it after you made a repair on the cooling system to pressure test everything so that you don't find out while driving. Autozone loans them if you don't want to buy one.

Back