Hey new to the forum and need help, body lift for 98? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hey new to the forum and need help, body lift for 98?

Joeoffroad

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 explorer xlt
I recently purchased a 1998 Ford Explorer XLT awd and being the price diffrences I decided to get a body lift instead of a suspension but I cannot find a body lift for that year/model anywhere I've only seen a couple and they are for 2wd. Anything helps thanks.

I recently purchased a 1998 Ford Explorer XLT awd and being the price diffrences I decided to get a body lift instead of a suspension but I cannot find a body lift for that year/model anywhere I've only seen a couple and they are for 2wd. Anything helps thanks.

i spent a few months doing the research for this same thing. i have a 99. and literally just did the body lift last night. also put my 32s with 10 inch wide rims on with it. i did run into problems with the lift hardware. i bought the performance accessories lift for the same year ranger to my explorer, same kit should work with yours. however you will most likely have to go to your local hardware store to buy bolts in a mid-length. and watch for the thread pitch(that was my problem). i was lucky enough to have a friend that works at a ford dealership and was able to do the lift there with there car lift.(made things alot easier)....depending on your wheel and tire size you may have to trim your bumpers too.

Back