Hey sXc'ers READ | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hey sXc'ers READ

Drummon mines are around

Brookwood, between Birm. and Tusculoosa. The area around Bankhead lock and Dam looked promising too. But I have no idea what land is public and private there. It might be worth some research.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MEET???

Ok what i wanted to know is if there was anyone interested in having a meet here soon. It would be around the mississippi area. Though kind of short notice, there is the STREETWARS dragrace competition goin on here at the Gulfport Dragway this coming sunday on the 13th. If anyone was planning on going to that we could meet there. If not then every friday night i usually go to the beach to see the races there too. So if anyone was planning on coming through southern mississippi along the coast area then maybe we could arrange a meet and have a little dragracing, car showing, offroading, cruising good time. And maybe a cookout on the beach too or something. Anyone interested?

Hmmm, I might be interested in Gulfport for a weekend. Might go see an old classmate while I'm down as well. Will have to wait to see how my work schedule pans out.

Alright, wow, I've got 15 posts to respond to :eek: Just gonna respond in order and hopefully this will stay clean enough to understand :)

Chris, I have no conception of how big Alabama is. How long a drive are we talking to get around in Alabama. Georgia's about 6 hours north to south, I assume Alabama's about the same?

Posegate, you're more than welcome on the runs. Just remind me ;)

Rocket, where ya been? You haven't been around much lately.

Allie, I put my sXc decals on sloppily, and they started to bubble :( That's why I'm trying to scrounge another decal off you guys ;)

Pimp! I'm officially an sXc member :D Chris, I'll let you know what it's like on the inside.

Yeah, Patrick, I need to get an avatar so everyone will know I'm elite :D I had a couple pics on Rob's camera when we all met up, but they didn't come out :( I'm gonna meet up with Jason in a couple weeks hopefully to put my shocks on though, and I'm pretty sure he has a digital camera, so hopefully I'll be able to swing an avatar out of that meeting :) (Wow, too many smilies in that paragraph :rolleyes: ) (Doh)

ALY, you guys do the research in Alabama. We'll do the driving :)

Rocket, according to Mapquest, it takes over 6.5 hours to drive the over 400 miles between here and there. Doesn't look like I'll be coming to Mississippi anytime soon :( (That's a fun word to spell. Mississippi. Sorry, I'm just in one of those moods :D )

Originally posted by diablo5969

Rocket, according to Mapquest, it takes over 6.5 hours to drive the over 400 miles between here and there.
:D By my calculations it should only take 4 hours by my optimum cruising speed. lol. hehe. Hey Jeff that would be cool. If anyone was able to come the 13th of this month it would be really cool. I think that the Streetwars the local dragstrip is hosting here is going to be a blast!!! I know i am going to be there whether anyone else is or not. but it would be even better if someone else was there too. I just wish i would be able to have the charger in and tuned by then is all. But that wont be possible.

well damnit Chase, your on the boards. You have to inform me.....

Originally posted by diablo5969
and I'm pretty sure he has a digital camera,

you are correct!

and i'll take you guys up to amicalola/anderson creek for a run anytime. has to be on a sunday most likely.. as i have softball games every saturday until mid may. (except mother's day.. that's tellico). at sat afternoon ride is possible on the days i have an 8 AM game. next sunday i'm free is the 27th i think! if there are 2 or 3 of ya that want to go... let me know.

Personally I won't be able to go anywhere until June, so I don't think that will be a problem. We'll see when it gets closer though. Personally I just want to get school out of the way, then I'll care about all this :D

BTW, Jason, I'll be stopping by Autozone tomorrow (for the 3rd time :mad: ) so hopefully I'll place the order tomorrow. Just so you know

Im in for a run up to the ga mtns.

Diablo: B'ham area isn't really far from Atl. about 2 hours, Taladega would be closer at about 1 1/2 hrs.
And yes...Bama and GA are roughly the same size...takes about 5-6 hrs to go from my house to Mobile(or the gulf coast in general.)

I don't know of any trails in the central part of the state. all of my experience is local still. ALYZ1FLR seems to know more than I do about the area.

JasonB...It 's not going to be possible for me to make that kind of a trip until school gets out either. Getting to close to finals.

Originally posted by Chris4x4Gill2
Diablo: B'ham area isn't really far from Atl. about 2 hours, Taladega would be closer at about 1 1/2 hrs.
And yes...Bama and GA are roughly the same size...takes about 5-6 hrs to go from my house to Mobile(or the gulf coast in general.)

I don't know of any trails in the central part of the state. all of my experience is local still. ALYZ1FLR seems to know more than I do about the area.

I'd be up for a drive like that.

Chris, you in high school or college?

Cool cool. Still in high school here, starting college in the fall

you guys let me know when you all can go. i'll take all you guys up to amicalola/anderson creek. you can handle that now chase. chris.. you obviously can. matt .. you could handle it too.

i'd like to put a big run together for mid summer to do beasley knob. its a harder trail in N. GA. maybe do a weekend run and do 3 trail systems over the weekend. we'll have to see.

Jason....Sounds good to me. When it gets closer we will have to pick a good weekend a good group can go on.

LOL..
get the shocks?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I live in gulfport MS are there any other peep's that live down here? Or am I all alone?

Back