• Register Today It's free!

Heyyyoo!

BobbyResigliano

Reaction score
City, State
Roseville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport OHV
Hey there everybody! Love joining forums. These are the places to get the real world info. I have a 2000 Explorer Sport OHV with 154K miles that my brother gave me. Just passed smog and managed to clear the PO171 and PO174 codes w/o replacing parts.

Cleaned the MAF sensor which made the CEL go off. Then I had to put some miles on to reset something. Took it back to the mech and the red light on his tech was gone. Smog passed no prob, new tags, and now looking to make it ride a little better.

It rides like a ****in boat. Definitely could roll this thing if I tried. Looking to get some new shocks and struts. Driver side door handle is broken and the lock sticks a touch with the key. I have to pull the plastic piece under the handle in order to open the door. Not hard but annoying. I already replaced the rear hatch glass hinges so I didn't need the tape around the window anymore. The glass lid also has a broken latch which is made from plastic...wtf?? Never seen that before. They should all be made from metal. The hatch is now not opening by the handle but i think my stepfather broke it. It used to work lol. Now you have to open the glass and unlock it by hand from the inside. Needs some tunes but cant do that until I can fix the glass door hatch. The E brake is stuck but not on. The light comes on when engaged but doesn't actually work. Pedal does comes back up. I think the cable is prob broken.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum from a 99 Sport owner.

Welcome
I have a 4 door sporty 99

Welcome to this forum! Those codes usually point to leaking intake manifold gasket seals.
That was something that I read here I think before it was fixed. The mech my stepfather took it to thot it could be the CO2 sensors, MAF, or even the cat. Glad it was the cheapest fix.

Back