Hi all... Just a quickie question about Hypertech... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hi all... Just a quickie question about Hypertech...

tytanutt94

Reaction score
City, State
Deltona, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 4.6L XLT
Has anyone used the Hypertech Power programmer on the 3rd gen explorers yet. Found a site that is selling for $315, rpmoutlet.com... It's the cheapest yet that I have found. A local shop is selling the exact same model for $425 so, quite a savings in my book. I just haven't found a whole lot yet here to encourage or discourage the purchase of one (ie. performance gains, dyno runs). Maybe I'll just go buy the "Tornado" (JUST KIDDING)... Thanks for y'alls input...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out Hypnotic Illusions and Bama Chips. :thumbsup:

They are site sponsors and you will get VERY customized programming and TOP NOTCH service.

They are worth any extra $$

Albino 94LTD said:
Check out Hypnotic Illusions and Bama Chips. :thumbsup:

They are site sponsors and you will get VERY customized programming and TOP NOTCH service.

They are worth any extra $$
You must work on the alphabet Albino :confused:

Just giving them equal time up front :D

Albino 94LTD said:
Just giving them equal time up front :D

Me thinks, after using multiple chips in the past, and several diff tunes from more than one SCT tuner, going thru no less than 5 dyno runs, just to prove a point.
The end user may find that they are splitting hairs :D

Don't waist your money. I only use one because it was given to me. The only thing I noticed was a quicker shift. Although I'm sure for a third gen. you can do more, but if I were you I'd go the Bama chips direction.

Hypertech is the Tornado of the chip industry.

huskyfan23 said:
Hypertech is the Tornado of the chip industry.
You may be 100% correct

Scott, the simple solution is to call Doug and Wayne, talk to them, then decide.

Neither of them will blow smoke up your Pea Coat and neither will sell you something just to take your money.

Back