• Register Today It's free!

Hi from a Noobie

Jarmo

Reaction score
City, State
Yorkshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi All

Just bought my first Explorer here in the UK, apparently all the UK models were exactly the same with the exception some had leather interiors (mine doesn't) we live in a remote village so need a 4x4 for if we ever get a bad winter (not likely these days) previously had crossover vehicles Subaru Outback, Volvo XC, but thought this time we should get a decent 4x4 with plenty of room. We looked at Discoveries, Range Rovers, Lancruisers, but SWMBO really liked the explorer and we found a mint 1998 one in stunning Green over grey with not one sign of rust, everything electric inside works and we are well pleased. I am quite handy with the spanners so this weekend intend to give it a full service and then its booked into the bodyshop to have a few little scuffs done on the arches.

I will report back on my progress and intend to be an active member of the forum, my other passion is Mercedes cars and I also have a Brabus CLK and am a very active member of the MB Forum.

Look forward to getting to know you all and hope there are some GTG in the UK I can attend. I also do a lot of work in the US Mainly in Virginia, Kentucky and Atlanta so would be great to catch up with some of you guys the other side of the pond when I'm over.

Well I guess thats enough ramblings from me I'll have a look through the board and promise to contribute as much as I can

Best regards
Ian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the site, I hope your pleased with your X

Welcome Jarmo! Be sure to post some pics of your Ex- in and out... Us guys across the pond like to see the Euro-Ex's, and there aren't a lot of pics posted of them! :thumbsup:

Back