Hi from Down Under

Toecutter

Reaction score
City, State
Brisbane, Queensland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited
Hey all,
Just a quick intro, I have a 2002 4.6 Explorer Limited and love it. Bought it recently at an auction dirt cheap (by Aussie standards). Like all my cars, I like to learn as much as I can about my ride; dont like paying someone money to do stuff I can do myself.:D

Anyhoo, Hope to learn a bit more from you all.

Cheers

TC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome. Like you attitude about DIY.

hey man chuck up some pics... im the same. i like to do a bit of research, hence being on here before even owning an explorer lol where did u buy yours? im in sydney by the way lol

Hey, thanks for the replies.
Tidy_LTD, mate I will post some pics as soon as I have time and know how, im sure it cant be that hard.
I bought mine at the Auctions in Brissy, paid $5K for it. Considering the same models were selling privately for between $8-15K I think I did alright. Needed a tidy up and updated the stereo installed DVD player for the kids and needs the timing chain guides replaced, which I just ordered the camshaft retaining kit today and will order the chain kit this week sometime from the states. I went to my local Ford Stealership and they wanted over $1K for the replacement parts when I can get them out of the states for under $300 AUD...wan#ers!!!

Cheers

TC

Hey, thanks for the replies.
Tidy_LTD, mate I will post some pics as soon as I have time and know how, im sure it cant be that hard.
I bought mine at the Auctions in Brissy, paid $5K for it. Considering the same models were selling privately for between $8-15K I think I did alright. Needed a tidy up and updated the stereo installed DVD player for the kids and needs the timing chain guides replaced, which I just ordered the camshaft retaining kit today and will order the chain kit this week sometime from the states. I went to my local Ford Stealership and they wanted over $1K for the replacement parts when I can get them out of the states for under $300 AUD...wan#ers!!!

Cheers

TC

yeh I think all the parts will be cheaper to source yourself hey... damn that cheap good buy man.

welcome to the 'boards! My GTO (aka Holden with Pontiac badges and LHD) was built down under and I love the build quality. It's a 2004 Holden Monaro with 91.5k miles on it. Holds up extremely well.

Hi from Far north Qld. Love my explorers im on my 3rd one now I have a 1999 bush basher and a 2003.
Hope it goes well with your timing chain they can be a *****! You definitely need to get hold of some specialty tools to do it as no timing marks and being an interference motor one slip up.....
You did alright with the buy price, 5k got you a lot of car, seems that they got a bad rep here, and with parts here so scarce and expensive people tend to give them up easily.
Good luck with it all.

Back