Hi from the Canadian Left Coast

themartymac

Reaction score
City, State
Victoria
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT
Hi Gang,

I'm new around here, just picked up a 2008 xlt for tooling around town and commuting when the motorcycle can't be ridden. My old lifted F150 Supercrew was just too big for city life. The Explorer is in pretty good shape, but I'm sure I'll have some tech questions as I dial in this old girl. It has a few minor items that I've already quickly found the answers too on these forums, so I think I certainly came to the right place for all things Explorer.

tL8B2IA.jpg

See you around the forums!

Marty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Left-Coaster!

A group of us from Washington State are heading to Moab maybe this fall - - plenty of time to get that Explorer into trail configuration. . .

What's your two wheel preference? Commute generally year-round (pre and post Wuh-Flu) on a couple of Buells - - glad to see another motorcyclist on the boards.

Welcome to the site,

Paul

Welcome. Nice looking Explorer.

Welcome to this forum! It looks like it's brand new.

Thanks, The west coast seems pretty forgiving to vehicles. Unlike Ontario where I'm originally from, or the mountains were they love to coat the roads in salt, dime-sized gravel, and de-icer. :)

Hey Left-Coaster!

A group of us from Washington State are heading to Moab maybe this fall - - plenty of time to get that Explorer into trail configuration. . .

What's your two wheel preference? Commute generally year-round (pre and post Wuh-Flu) on a couple of Buells - - glad to see another motorcyclist on the boards.

Welcome to the site,

Paul

Thanks. Two wheel preference? All of em!!!

I currently ride a 2009 Vstrom DL1000 as the daily. I recently traded away my old 99 XR600R for a fishing boat, as I couldn't street register it here on Vancouver Island, but I'm shopping for a more modern dual sport replacement. I also sold a Classic 1st gen Interceptor due to storage limitations after the move, but I'm back on the hunt for another classic beach cruiser as well.

Ts2zsWQ.jpg

PB66WW0.jpg

qKNyUzr.jpg

Motorcycle Hi-Jack Thread! ! !

Nice bikes!
I commute on a Buell Ulysses (similar to the Strom Trooper), virtually year round ('cept for the few snow/ice days) and am just short of 115,000 miles on the odo. No top end, bottom end work, just fluids and filters (and drive belts, and stators, and fans, etc.)
Uly with Seat (JUN 15).jpg

Sportier stuff and track days is the Buell 1125CR, Buell finally was getting away from the Sportster power plant (1125 is a Rotax) before getting shuttered by Harley.
CR1125 Work (JUN 18).jpg

If you do track days you'll need to come down to "The Ridge" here in Shelton, WA. Great track and you can sign up with a few companies that do "day" events. Not racing, just going fast without concerns of police, cars, pedestrians, etc.

And the cruiser:
FXR Bridge.jpg

'92 FXR, bought new way back when. . .

Ride safe,

Paul

Back