• Register Today It's free!

Hi from the UK

Cocinero

Reaction score
City, State
Cramlington, Northumberland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XL
I'm one of the relatively few Explorer owners in the UK - it's a great vehicle and they should never have stopped importing it in 2001.

Look forward to sharing some UK Explorer experiences with you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hello to you

hi there im a uk explorer owner too mines a white 1997 sohc 4ltr great car shame price of fuel so high lol but hey it makes up in other ways!!!

Welcome to you both. Check out the UK owners section and you will find quite a few of us on here.

Thanks, Howard.

The fact that there are a few of us is great testimony to the longevity of the Explorer, I suppose!

hi there im a uk explorer owner too mines a white 1997 sohc 4ltr great car shame price of fuel so high lol but hey it makes up in other ways!!!

I solved the fuel price issue earlier this year with an lpg conversion - cost £2,000 but with the miles that I do, it will pay for itself in less than a year. I certainly intend keeping the big beast for much longer than that!

did a run at the weekend got 320 miles from a tank so wasnt that bad i suppose lol mind had just done a service and changed all the filters etc was the lpg a pro fit or diy ??

did a run at the weekend got 320 miles from a tank so wasnt that bad i suppose lol mind had just done a service and changed all the filters etc was the lpg a pro fit or diy ??

Pro fit - CLS DualFuel in Durham. Did a good job and came recommended. After conversion, I'm getting approx 240 miles from a full tank (75 Litres) of lpg @39.9p/litre - certainly a lot cheaper than unleaded and only a very slight drop in performance.

Back