Hi, I,m a new member looking for some advice. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hi, I,m a new member looking for some advice.

Joe541

Reaction score
City, State
Halstead
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer
Hi, I live in Essex, in the South East of the UK. Due to the cost of spare parts, and availability, I sold my Explorer a couple of years ago.
I have a set of four refurbished wheels from my 1999 Explorer. The wheels are fitted with a really good set of matching tyres. What would be a fair price, for a quick sale. I`ve way too much stuff in my garage!
Thanks. Joe.
P.S. My Explorer was one of my favorite cars that I`ve ever owned. I really miss it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is EROS , CAD , USD , and so forth , that can be figured out quite quickly anyway .

First of all , how much did you pay for them , or did they come with the truck ??
What condition are they in . ?? Try to find them on the web and get the average price .
It seems to me by what you are saying is that they come with the tires also ??
Here is a sample :: At a wrecking yard near me , i can get rims with tiers , set price for all conditions , brand new , good , fair and bad , for around 40 CAD each . The specific rims sell new for 250 each ,, the tiers , what not ,, but that is only if I remove them myself !!
Ok sum up the price of your rims and tiers , and deduct a percentage , first off all , for wear and use , condition , then deduct a percentage for buyer incentive . It does not have to be that much . remember that you do not want to short yourself and give em away for free !!
OK here is a sample ::::
If I have $ 2,000.oo worth of wheels and tiers that i paid for new , and i already used them for a couple of years ,
well then the tiers are not new anymore , and have lost value ,, however , the rims , if not damaged , are still pretty well new .
Obviously , one way or the other , im going to be taking a loss anyway , however, that loss will just be money paid for the time of using them , so actually , its not that big of a loss.
First , the rims .; Pretty well still new , so , $ 1000.oo worth of rims , - buyer incentive , at least $ 200.oo
Tiers ;;; $ 1000.oo new , but now used for a couple of years , but still good condition , with lots of rubber left on em . ,,;;well ok ,, $ 300.oo to $ 400.oo ,, so that is now 5 to 6 hundred dollars knocked off the price .
So my asking price would start at $1500.oo then $1400.oo , There is more buyer incentive and better chance of a quick sale at $1400.oo .
I might even be dropping down to $ 1200.oo but that would be done personally in the haggle with the interested buyer .

What is the date on the oldest tires sidewall?

The above rim valuation is bananas. If you buy rims and tires for $2,000 and run them for years, you’d be LUCKY to get $1,000 back out of them. Rims, unless rare AND highly sought after, do not hold value well.

BEST case scenario you are looking at $500 USD.

What is the date on the oldest tires sidewall?

The above rim valuation is bananas. If you buy rims and tires for $2,000 and run them for years, you’d be LUCKY to get $1,000 back out of them. Rims, unless rare AND highly sought after, do not hold value well.

BEST case scenario you are looking at $500 USD.
At only 2 years old and great condition ???>? ok knock off another $ 100.oo then

Back