CALDWELL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia Airport, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 V6 Silver XLT
Hey fella's !

today i was just looking around at prices for an HID KIT...

a friend of mine just had them installed on his F-150, and he was telling me that he got hooked up thru his cousin...

he told me about www.hidextra.com so i checked it out...

the prices are very affordable, and he gave me a coupon code for 20% off...

I ordered a ( 9006-8000K HID KIT ) for 75$, then 20% off, which brought the total down to 60$ even, and they gave me free shipping on the order...

www.hidextra.com

coupon code = tcshow-m

hope this helps a few guys out !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is the 9006 the bulb size? is that what i should get

as Celly posted...

i have sylvania silverstars in my X now, and i used their guide to find out what i need...

9006 is the bulb size, and just to assure yourself, checkout sylvania's bulb guide...

make sure you enter the promo code, because my friend is sponsored by them for his Scion TC that he takes to car shows, and every sale he gets with his code he gets money towards car show entrance fee's and other stuff...

its saying for my mountaineer its 9007? is that correct?

if 9007 is on sylvania's website, then yes buy the 9007 kit @ whatever K light you want...

awesome, ordered 10000k

i really wanna put hids on my altima and explorer

i was thinking about going 10,000K but was unsure of exactly how blue they would be. my friend bought 8,000K for his 98 F150, and they look really good, even with the crap fogged lense's. since my lense's are clear compared to his fogged one's 8,000K should look vey nice. since i have silverstars in my fogs, and they say 4,000K, im gonna see how some yellow film will look over them...

Sam i thought you had HID's in the sport ? if not then you should buy these, very affordable, and they are based out of cali, and you would prob get it next day or even same day depending

I'd like to see some before and after pictures at night when you get a chance!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought we had 9007's for high beam and 9006's for low beam? (Could be the other way around?)

6000K = pure white and looks very clean on these rigs, DONT GO RICER BLUE!!!

9006 low beams
9005 high beams
H10 for fogs (H10 is a cross referance for the 9157's we have stock)

Make sure you also get some projector housings too, that way you won't drive around and blind everyone in the oncoming lanes.

BTW - the higher up on the light temp scale you go, the less usable light you get. 4300k is pretty much perfect. 8000k is for Honda boys who want attention.

6000K = pure white and looks very clean on these rigs, DONT GO RICER BLUE!!!

9006 low beams
9005 high beams
H10 for fogs (H10 is a cross referance for the 9157's we have stock)

Just looked the numbers up and you were right! But I guess you'd know because you have already upgraded your headlights:D What did you go with?

I have owned my Ex for nearly 4 years and I have not had to change one bulb yet!!! So I don't plan on doing so until one gives up, then I will see upgrading to these HID's if they are any better. I was thinking of going with the 5000K's for the reason illjim69 said. Whiter is brighter:D

I have 6000k on all the bulbs, looks real good, 8000k looks like what was previously said, ricer blue *bleh*!

Dont forget that the higher you go like 8000k, 10000k, the less light you put out (lumins). But if your just looking for deep blue then by all means go higher.

i just ordered the 9007 10000k, you think thats going to be too blue? where do i get projector housings? what happens if i go without them?

10000k is as blue as it gets. Nothing happens if you don't get projectors. Just people who stare at your lights will get blinded.

To each his own, I have had 10,000k in both my Explorers, and my uncle had them in his LS.

Some say that theyre a waste of money because your just paying for color, and stocks are brighter, that is completely wrong.

I love the way they look, they have a slight, and I mean SLIGHT blue tint to them, and they are not even comparable to stock. Ive also heard that when it rains, you cant even tell you have your headlights on, that again is a lie, unless they had some crappy bulbs, Ive had a 90$ kit, and the current one I have now, I paid 44$ shipped, got them in 3 days, and very good quality; anyways, its rained for about 4 days straight (FINALLY stopped today thank god :D) and I drive just fine at night, I can see just fine!

Im not talking trash, or being mean saying that, I just wanted to throw that out there for the people who did go with 10,000k or were thinking about it.

I have projectors on my 95, and ad diamond cut housings on my 92, and yes the projectors are a hell of alot better, because its all focused whereas in the diamond cuts its just kind of all over lol.

10000k is as blue as it gets. Nothing happens if you don't get projectors. Just people who stare at your lights will get blinded.

10,000k is(/are) not the bluest, heres a video of 12,000k, and ive seen HIDs go up to 30(something)k.

EDIT*
Speak of the devil, 30,000k in a 2nd gen.

i was thinking abut going 10000K cause i personally like the blue lights, but my friend swayed me to 8000K, and look really good in my opinion...

i will absolutley take a few before and after shots...

currently running Silverstar Ultra's ( 4100K ) Bulbs, and they do a good job compared to factory, but i simply like the look of 8000K lights and so 60$ seems like a deal to me...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

60$ is a good deal, 8, 0r 10k would be perfect if you like blue, I would personally go with 10000k because my buddy has 8000k in his old truck and they dont really look blue at all, well they do a tad, but nothing special.

Back