HID/LED Headlamps and/or Fog Lamps - GO LIONS!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HID/LED Headlamps and/or Fog Lamps - GO LIONS!!

jeffas000073

Reaction score
City, State
Clinton Township, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport 4x4
Hello All Explorer Forum Members!!! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and will also have an outstanding 2015!!

After playing around a lot with my 2013 Explorer Sport, I traded it in on a new 2015 Explorer Sport. Since I got it for essentially the same price per month, it was hard to turn it down.

So after installing all the Livernois Motorsports stuff on the 2015 (93 V3 Tune, Thermostat, CAI, 3-bar, and the Catback exhaust), I now want to upgrade the existing exterior lighting. On my 2013, I used Coolbulbs.com HID for the headlamps and some type of 6000K halogen foglamp (can't remember the brand name).

After spending ALOT of time reading the various posts on this forum, I'm thinking of using the same Coolbulbs HID for the headlamps, but want to use (I think) a good LED set up for the fogs. Everytime I think I have it figured out, I read something different and change my mind.

So........I'm looking for my fellow enthusiasts to steer me in the right direction. I'm looking for both the headlamps and the fogs to have the same 'color' (6K) and have the best beam dispersion as possible. I'm willing to revise my headlamp idea for something different than Coolbulbs.

Help a brother out......and GO LIONS!!!!!!

i have 6k hid headlamps and led fogs but i cant post photos...they pretty much look the same shade of white...i tried photobucket but its not working....Go COWBOYS!!!!!!!

You can always spend $20 for an Elite membership and up load from your computer. I have found going back through some older threads that photos posted through a third party seem to disappear after a while. Photos posted using the 'Manage Attachment' function reside on our servers and will always be available.
Happy New Year!

Peter

Hello All Explorer Forum Members!!! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and will also have an outstanding 2015!!

After playing around a lot with my 2013 Explorer Sport, I traded it in on a new 2015 Explorer Sport. Since I got it for essentially the same price per month, it was hard to turn it down.

So after installing all the Livernois Motorsports stuff on the 2015 (93 V3 Tune, Thermostat, CAI, 3-bar, and the Catback exhaust), I now want to upgrade the existing exterior lighting. On my 2013, I used Coolbulbs.com HID for the headlamps and some type of 6000K halogen foglamp (can't remember the brand name).

After spending ALOT of time reading the various posts on this forum, I'm thinking of using the same Coolbulbs HID for the headlamps, but want to use (I think) a good LED set up for the fogs. Everytime I think I have it figured out, I read something different and change my mind.

So........I'm looking for my fellow enthusiasts to steer me in the right direction. I'm looking for both the headlamps and the fogs to have the same 'color' (6K) and have the best beam dispersion as possible. I'm willing to revise my headlamp idea for something different than Coolbulbs.

Help a brother out......and GO LIONS!!!!!!
If you're upgrading to HID for any sort of improvement in light output and forward vision I highly suggest doing a proper projector upgrade. There is a great how to here (starts at post #162 ).

I started with a coolbulbs retrofit and then did the proper projector retrofit and the difference is huge. I have 4300K bulbs and upgraded my fogs to H11 and the color match is fine.

Back