• Register Today It's free!

HID lighting kits

mtnwolf

Reaction score
City, State
Waynesville/Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Explorer EB 4.6L
Does anyone know the best bang for your buck HID lighting kits for our Gen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hids

i got my HID kit from ddm tuning. this is the link to the kit i got.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W
i got the 800k color and the 35watt kit. no need for any of the extras.
430647_10151250900071406_2038189464_n.jpg

the headlights look green in this pic but they are a light blue

You did this with no projector lens? How's the cutoff? I've been thinking about doing this, but I'm worried about blinding people

its fine they fade out like regular lights there is no distinct cutoff line. i didnt get projectors because im not a fan of the look. and yeah i get flashed a lot. i find it funny though lol

Definatly ddm tuning. I have 10k headlights and 3 k fog lights with 35 watt system. They are very bright but they do burn in a little bit and dim so they don't blind people too much. Best investment I've ever made though.

And in the posts above, you will see exactly what is wrong with people in the world and drivers who use HID retrofits...

Stay close to the tour group everyone, wouldn't want anyone left behind.

nick u got pics of ur 10k and 3k

...and yeah i get flashed a lot. i find it funny though lol

I cannot imagine the blinded on-coming drivers find the humor in it. :thumbdwn:

Ya ill get some pics up later. It's the same as any other car with stock hids. And I angled my lights down a little bit which made it better for not blinding people

Why do people continue to do this the wrong way.

I've been blinded by plenty of other cars with stock hids. I don't care. People need to get over it.

I've been blinded by plenty of other cars with stock hids. I don't care. People need to get over it.

Stock HIDs do not have the glare that aftermarket HIDs in halogen housing produce. This is the sort of inconsiderate, ignorant attitude that perpetuates the mindset that it is perfectly fine to half-ass and cheap-out on things despite the impact it has on others. In the few years I have been here, this is the first time I have had to figure out how to implement the "ignore" feature. :salute:

Wow this thread is full of hate, and completely off topic from what the OP posted :(

Even though it's an older thread and I believe the OP's question has received a few respectable answers, there's really no place for fighting on this forum. Take it somewhere else.

Grow up and get over it.

I'd say I am grown up, and it is hard to get over being blinded by an idiot who doesn't have properly aimed, legal headlights.
Nick, you get over it. Your headlights have the ability to cause injury others. Do you even care?

Back