HID relay wire harness question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HID relay wire harness question

I want to add HIDs to my X, but if I do will i still be able to use the OEM features like put the lights on auto so they will turn off wen i leave my X and not ###### the batery

is there a top brand or type wen it comes to HIDs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea i don't see why not

sorry what I meant to said was if it will still worked after adding a RELAY WIRE HARNESS (that takes power from the batery not the OEM halogen light wiring)

sorry what I meant to said was if it will still worked after adding a RELAY WIRE HARNESS (that takes power from the batery not the OEM halogen light wiring)

Everything will work normally as it did without the relay harness. I have the auto lights and HID on mine and it still works normal.

if you have a relay harness, you should use it. what it does it draw power from your battery when the ballasts fire up, instead of the factory head light harness, so it wont put as much strain on your factory harnesses.

I bought the kit for my headlights from carpart4u.com and the kit for my fog lights from a store on ebay called racing touch. The headlight kits are about $100 and the ebay kit was about $43. I can't tell a difference in the 2 kits as far as color or installation. The ballasts cases are metal on both kits.

Back