HID's or LED's - these halogens have to go | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HID's or LED's - these halogens have to go

croll326

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Deciding between HID'd or LED's in my 13 Sport. Looking at a 35w DDM Ultra kit or looking for LED bulbs. Looking for experiences with certain kits/bulbs. Thanks.

I've tried both, HIDs and LEDs. Many different brands too. The best I've used, by far, are the Diode Dynamics HIDs. Link here.

I've tried both, HIDs and LEDs. Many different brands too. The best I've used, by far, are the Diode Dynamics HIDs. Link here.

I will second this.

Never had the chance to use LED bulbs but my DD HID Kit has been great other then one bulb and they replaced that no questions asked.

AND I run them as DRL so they fire way more often than regular headlamps would.

I went on a road trip and back on my LED bulbs 2500 lumen fanless bulbs. Before, every time I'd go, my cheap 55W HID bulbs would have one bulb or one ballast fail so the fact that these LED bulbs stayed on all night and during the day when it was raining showed me that they are lasting pretty long and heat isn't an issue for them (which is usually the problem with running high current through LEDs).

Back