High fuel trims | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

High fuel trims

Any missfires? I just had one in my shop that had me stumped. I could get it to miss on every cylinder then go into limp mode. I could still be rolling, pop it into neutral and turn it off then back of and it would drove like nothing ever happened. I was suspecting the crank / cam sensor but never figured it out and sent it to the dealer. Definitely wasn't a plug or coil issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any missfires? I just had one in my shop that had me stumped. I could get it to miss on every cylinder then go into limp mode. I could still be rolling, pop it into neutral and turn it off then back of and it would drove like nothing ever happened. I was suspecting the crank / cam sensor but never figured it out and sent it to the dealer. Definitely wasn't a plug or coil issue.
No current misfires. I corrected the random misfiring on Saturday. 1 code: P0420

I'd clean the mass air and make sure the air filter looks good. That 1.8 does need to have valve lash adjusted every 100k, the exhaust valve lash tends to tighten up over time.

I'd clean the mass air and make sure the air filter looks good. That 1.8 does need to have valve lash adjusted every 100k, the exhaust valve lash tends to tighten up over time.
I'll get some maf cleaner after work. I just cleaned and oiled my k&n drop in a couple of days ago even though it wasn't bad.

I'll get some maf cleaner after work. I just cleaned and oiled my k&n drop in a couple of days ago even though it wasn't bad.
don't over oil- seen it oil a few mafs before ;)

Back