• Register Today It's free!

High Output Alternator

mike91

Reaction score
City, State
Yonkers, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 EB
Well, I am back to posting again. A while back, I requested info on a high performance alternator. The options were very small and the price was usually very high. While browsing on another posting board I disovered Mr.Toms Alternator. He has models available for every year Explorer in both 130amp and 200amp models. In addition, he offers powder coating finishes in many colors and a lifetime warranty for an additional $25. Anyhow, I have a 91 EB and just ordered a 200 amp alternator today. The alternator ran me $195 or $200 and with powder coating it came out to $210. I am hoping to receive it by Friday to provide feedback on both Mr.T and his alternator/finish. If in the meanwhile, you want to check out the site, its www.mralternator.com

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

geez, 200 amps? What the heck are you going to use that for? I thought I was doing overkill by getting a 130 amper! And I'm running 3 sets of lights, a winch, and tons of stereo equipment. But thats cool, I think I paid abotu $140 for my 130 amp altenator, no powder coating though. The bigger the better right! I didn't even know a 200 ampp existed or I probably would've gotten one!

------------------
Matt Adams
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Thanks mike you gave me something I was looking for...

------------------
Kris Guilbeaux
--
http://www.tisd.net/~guilbeau/explorer.html

mike91,

Let us know when you get the new alternator. I'm curious about the quality of the powder coating. I have been considering upgrading mine and am very interested in color matching it.

------------------
'97 Sport 4X4

Well, I received my alternator last night. I am going to be putting it in around 2 hours from now. The powder coating finish is beautiful and definitely worth the extra $10 that I paid. I will post the results later tonight or tomorrow - I have to drive it around first to see if there are any problems or complaints that I may have.

just wondering, what is the amperage on the stock alternater??

Justin

Back