High pitched interior noise. Constant | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

High pitched interior noise. Constant

Jdwheels

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
2017 sport 500 miles
.. I can not hear it but wife can. My hearing is bad at high frequency.
Happens when engine running. Does not matter if hvac and radio is on or off. In gear or not. She said sounds electronic.
We will take to dealer but any tips will be welcomed. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it does it with the radio on it could be the alternator fixing to go out.

It will usually increase in frequency as the engine speeds up.

Try turning the radio off to see if it goes away.

If it does it with the radio on it could be the alternator fixing to go out.

It will usually increase in frequency as the engine speeds up.

Try turning the radio off to see if it goes away.
The post mentioned it does it with the radio ON or OFF.;)

2017 sport 500 miles
Happens when engine running. Does not matter if hvac and radio is on or off. In gear or not. She said sounds electronic.
Does the pitch change with engine revs?

Peter

2017 sport 500 miles
Hi, I just bought a 2017 explorer sport last week and I notice some type of high pitch interior noise in mine also. I thought it was just my hearing but now that someone else is complaining about it, it might be there. Does it without radio on or moving. It sounds just like the ringing noise you get in your ears sometimes. I would like to know what it is also.

Hi, I just bought a 2017 explorer sport last week and I notice some type of high pitch interior noise in mine also. I thought it was just my hearing but now that someone else is complaining about it, it might be there. Does it without radio on or moving. It sounds just like the ringing noise you get in your ears sometimes. I would like to know what it is also.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Is the noise there with and without (accessory mode) the engine running or just with the engine going?
Also, please complete your registration by adding the trim level (Sport) to your profile as requested. That info in the margin can be useful to have at times. Thanks.

Peter

Does anyone know how that piped in engine noise works?
We are trying to figure out a high pitched noise in cabin that sounds electronic.

I wonder if the piped in noise still works with the audio system off.

We are trying to figure out a high pitched noise in cabin that sounds electronic.

Wasn't able to find a clip on the Explorer but I'm guessing it works the same as with the F-150. If that is the case, the system uses the vehicle's audio system.

Peter

Wasn't able to find a clip on the Explorer but I'm guessing it works the same as with the F-150. If that is the case, the system uses the vehicle's audio system.

Peter

Thanks.. Time to research defeating that to see if that's out noise issue.

Let me know how you make out with that problem as I hear the same high pitch noise in my new 2017 sport. I seem to hear it near the glove box area more. But hearing it all the time while driving I have it in my ears even when not in the explorer

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Is the noise there with and without (accessory mode) the engine running or just with the engine going?
Also, please complete your registration by adding the trim level (Sport) to your profile as requested. That info in the margin can be useful to have at times. Thanks.

Peter

The noise is only there when engine running. It is not there when accessories only mode is activated. I have not brought it to the dealer yet. I had the 2014 sport and it did not have this sound. I hear it more by the glove box area. Is this where the computer is? Do you think the dealer would be able to fix this?

If you are hearing it without moderate to full acceleration it isn't the ESE.

The noise is only there when engine running. It is not there when accessories only mode is activated. I have not brought it to the dealer yet. I had the 2014 sport and it did not have this sound. I hear it more by the glove box area. Is this where the computer is? Do you think the dealer would be able to fix this?
I'm not sure what all is behind the glove box except there is a blend door actuator there that controls whether you get heat or cold air into the cabin.

Peter

Let me know how you make out with that problem as I hear the same high pitch noise in my new 2017 sport. I seem to hear it near the glove box area more. But hearing it all the time while driving I have it in my ears even when not in the explorer
Will do! My daughter can hear the High pitch sound too! After driving 30 min or so, the sound seems to reduce. Have you noticed that? We have put 600 miles on so far.

To narrow it down. You disable the sound via Forscan through the ACM module.

Will do! My daughter can hear the High pitch sound too! After driving 30 min or so, the sound seems to reduce. Have you noticed that? We have put 600 miles on so far.

sounds like a chip/board that is heating up over time and then the noise goes away..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back