Highest mileage 2006-10 Explorer/Mountaineer | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Highest mileage 2006-10 Explorer/Mountaineer

I know this is an old thread, but I stumbled upon it and thought I would add my two cents:

Just crossed 190K two days ago, this is last month

tZ0MJ1KdyamamBmNuAfPlZZpb-iOUgVIGCFj=w1266-h949-no.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

154,000 mi. on my "06" EB with 18.6 mpg. Have had it 7 yrs. now and love it.

Sallzy. 334,000 miles. Any timing chain or trans issues amazing. What is your service regiment. I have a 2010 mountaineer AWD 71,000 miles do not drive in winter (SALT) but you know that being you are from Vermont. I service religiously oil every 3-5,000 miles and trans every 30,000.

I've got 134k on a 2007 XLT v6

I'm at about 151,000 now on my '06 and it's doing great. I don't drive it as much anymore, unfortunately, as I work with my dad (lawn maintenance so he drives his truck). I need to replace the right exhaust manifold, but I just don't feel that motivated since it's not a reliability problem and it can be a pain to replace. I recently replaced my rotors and pads, and the brakes feel so much better (I also had a stuck guide pin). Though I really like my Explorer I'm looking to replace it eventually with a Fiesta ST as I want something more fun to drive that has a manual and is better on gas.

261k on an 06 v8

I am curious to know if any engine repairs (timing chains and guides, cam phasers, VVT solenoids, roller followers etc.) has been needed for any of the high mileage 4.6L 3V motors.

I am curious to know if any engine repairs (timing chains and guides, cam phasers, VVT solenoids, roller followers etc.) has been needed for any of the high mileage 4.6L 3V motors.
07 Limited v8 4x4 265,x.. now. I have not had to replace any if that, yet🤞. Transmission was replaced around 210,000. Just replaced water pump and radiator. Still running strong. I did also put a toggle switch on the power to the 4x4 module behind the glovebox. Now I have 2hi, 4hi and 4low.

2006 Limited v8 4x4 just about to turn over 170,000. No power train problems (knock on wood). Only the usual maintenance items.

07 Limited v8 4x4 265,x.. now. I have not had to replace any if that, yet🤞. Transmission was replaced around 210,000. Just replaced water pump and radiator. Still running strong. I did also put a toggle switch on the power to the 4x4 module behind the glovebox. Now I have 2hi, 4hi and 4low.
I am running on 2Hi brown wire mode for 3 years,zero problems except of extra front tyres wear.

238k on an 06 with 4.0 starting to have a few issues. But then it's earn them I guess. lol

My 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer with the V8, RWD, and the towing package now has 161,262 miles on it. How many miles on your 2006 - 10 Explorer or Mountaineer?

By the way, the overall fuel mileage, based on the EVIC total gallons used counter, is 17.3 vs the (revised) EPA ratings of 13/19.

I'm considering other vehicles, but thus far like the Explorer better than any of them.

If I keep it, I will have the transmission redone before it fails. It is already slightly harsh on 2 to 1 downshifts. The software fix can not correct the leaking valve body, but I've found two companies making kits to fix that once and for all:
Sonnax | Transmission, Torque Converter & Driveline Parts
http://www.superiortransmission.com/Product_Page.cfm?ID=211

The Durango RT is a good value, but the cargo area is no more useful to me than that of the smaller Grand Cherokee.
The 4Runner has a solid rear axle, hard spot in the seat which hurts when I sit in one, and just a 6.1" navigation screen (I've got a 7" Pioneer in my Explorer).
The cargo width of the Explorer works well for my needs, and it is wider than the cargo area of the new SUVs.
My 2010 now has 190000 miles

My 2007 SportTrac 4x4 Limited (4.6L) had about 225,000 on it when I handed it over to my buddy after I replaced it with a 2022 Explorer. He's only put about 500 more miles on it. It got its second set of coil packs right after he got it from me, but otherwise just some minor exhaust manifold leaks. Everything else was solid in the motor.

I figured I would go on the record at 138k on a 2010 Mountaineer 4.6L. Replaced a VVT solenoid when it was convenient to do so as preventive maintenance. Otherwise, no other internal engine issues at this point. I'll probably replace the other solenoid when I get a chance to make sure the VVT system is supplied with oil properly as the miles rack up. The screens in them can deteriorate over time and cause issues.

I am running on 2Hi brown wire mode for 3 years,zero problems except of extra front tyres wear.

Sorry, I’m confused. Why would you have extra FRONT tires wear when you use 2Hi please? I think the SUV is rear-drive mainly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BW 4412 transfer equipped explorers are a full time front axle engaged vehicles.10 to 30 percent of torque on the "auto".

I am believe the reason is the RSC keep thinking the front axle is still engaged

Back