Hiss and right rear speaker sounds blown | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Hiss and right rear speaker sounds blown

Bashman

Elite Hornet Handler
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
09 Wrangler Unlimited now
Yesterday I installed four new Infinity 6802cf speakers in the Ex. I had the Sony Xplod HU installed a few years ago. While checking the speakers I found the right rear sounded like it was blown. A lot of hiss and just a tiny hint of sound. I swapped speakers with the other side and it was still the same. I used the factory wiring and crimped on blade connectors for a tight connection. Unfortunately I never thought at the time to check each of the stock speakers before beginning the replacement. All connections were double checked for proper polarity and the problems are there both with the engine running or off. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
I'm starting to get used to the hiss (it gets drowned out with the music up :D ).

KPT

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XL 4x4
Try running your own speaker cable, around 12 gauge. The factory wiring is crap.