hiss in radio

born2drive

Reaction score
City, State
Pasadena, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4.0 4x4
Hello

I recently bought an Aiwa am/fm cd w/ aux imput for my '93 XLT with stock amps and speakers. The place I bought it from installed it and now when I listen to anything - the radio, a cd, or my MP3 player through the AUX imput, there is a hiss. I have taken it back and said, "Look I am not happy with this, either replace it or make it work" They said that it wasn't their fault!!!

Any way, I was wondering if anybody had an idea how to get rid of this really anoying problem

Thanks
John

it is from the fuel pump... there isnt really a fix for it, stupid ford! anyway...you can make sure the ground connection is good, and keep antenna wires away from power wires, and run a ground loop isolator filter off your power lines.....

Thanks

Hello!

Just wanted to tell you that it was the combination of a bent pin that was shorting and the little box that the installation people had to use to let me use my stock amps that caused a REALLY loud hissing.

Thanks for the help.

PS Now that the hissing is gone, I can hear the whine of the fuel pump. Not going to even touch that problem :D

i recently just bypassed my stock amp cause it's a p.o.s. but anyway that solved my hissing problem, and my speaker definately didn't sound like it was blown in the rear right.

Back