Hitch Cover Pins, Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hitch Cover Pins, Help!

chizetown

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer XLT
I have lost one of the hitch cover pins for my Explorer. Can anyone tell me where I can get new ones?

I have tried to locate a part number on Ford's parts website but have been unable to do so. I would hate to order a new cover just for two new pins. I have heard them referred to as cam buttons but Goggle searching has not yielded any results.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have lost one of the hitch cover pins for my Explorer. Can anyone tell me where I can get new ones?

I have tried to locate a part number on Ford's parts website but have been unable to do so. I would hate to order a new cover just for two new pins. I have heard them referred to as cam buttons but Goggle searching has not yielded any results.

Thanks.
Welcome to the Forum chizetown. :wavey:
The first thing I would do is call my dealer's parts department. Looking at the Fordparts.com website, it might be the part shown as HX1.
Good luck.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum chizetown. :wavey:
The first thing I would do is call my dealer's parts department. Looking at the Fordparts.com website, it might be the part shown as HX1.
Good luck.

Peter

Thanks, I found that part on the diagram on FordParts.com and called my dealer. I have been informed that those pins only come with a new cover. Anyone know of a way to avoid spending 60 bucks just for the two pins?

I am actually needing the HM1 part not HX1.

I had a new hitch cover ordered under warranty as mine won't stay on (I think the hitch needs to shimmy back like 1/4" - getting it looked at next oil change).

If I keep both covers (which I likely will be able to) I might be able to mail you a pin.

I had a new hitch cover ordered under warranty as mine won't stay on (I think the hitch needs to shimmy back like 1/4" - getting it looked at next oil change).

If I keep both covers (which I likely will be able to) I might be able to mail you a pin.

That would be awesome if you are able to swing that.

Had the same issue. One pin went missing and had to order one under warranty to get the pin. Kind of a ridiculous waste of none for everybody involved.

Back