• Register Today It's free!

Hitch ?

nitris

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer 2WD
Whats up guys I need to buy a load balancing hitch to pull a jeep... but I wanted a pretty decent class 3 one... the only thing is I don't know where to buy or the exact size brand etc. Can you guys give me some direction on this as I would also want to try and buy it while some good sales are going on.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, hopefully I can find this local as I want it for tomorrow.

I have come to really like the Reese multi-fit hitch. It can go on dozens of different vehicles, and is a very heavy duty unit. It can be had at Walmart for just over $100, and it is easy to put on. It comes with all bolts and everything you will need.

I have come to really like the Reese multi-fit hitch. It can go on dozens of different vehicles, and is a very heavy duty unit. It can be had at Walmart for just over $100, and it is easy to put on. It comes with all bolts and everything you will need.

I may make a run to Walmart tonight, is it a class 3 hitch? Also how would I know which model is correct for my truck?

I think it's actually a class IV. Some auto stores sell it too, I got mine from a hardware store. I've only seen one model, but it says on the box what it fits.

Go hit up your local junkyard. I bought a factory ford hitch from a 2008 to put on my 1994. I had to drill a couple holes but still had it mounted in about half an hour. $35.00 for the hitch!

Go hit up your local junkyard. I bought a factory ford hitch from a 2008 to put on my 1994. I had to drill a couple holes but still had it mounted in about half an hour. $35.00 for the hitch!

Sounds like a plan, I always forget about the junk yard, to bad they don't sell trailers and 2 wheel car trailers there too.

I suppose you southerners can just pull one from a junk yard. Good luck getting one off up here. Half the time you cant even get the ball out.

I suppose you southerners can just pull one from a junk yard. Good luck getting one off up here. Half the time you cant even get the ball out.

Gotta love the souF lol. Yea no rust from Salt and snow to worry about, it's usually not to bad here.

Another plus, Is you could grab the tow light adapter too if its in fair condition. They aren't too expensive, but its $30 you have to fork over for a short bundle of wires.

Back