• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

hmm, unreal!!!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
I like using starter fluid.. and take the valve stem core out. If you don't the tire will collapse on itself if you don't get air into it fast enough.

course, with a powertank, you may not need this method.

~Mark

dtl 2k2 sport

Reaction score
City, State
stafford Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 SPORT
lol, i thought they might of used some sort of trick,, would this actually hold? Or would the tire go back down w/ in a few mins?

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
It doesn't fill the tire, it just reseats the bead. You still need to put air in it.. and if you dont' do it fast enough with the valve core in it will pop the bead again as it collapses on itself.

~Mark

dtl 2k2 sport

Reaction score
City, State
stafford Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 SPORT
ah, okay that's what i was thinking. I couldnt see a way that it would filled up, but still a great idea i guess if you had to resort to that!

boggs1227

Reaction score
City, State
Flowery Branch , Georgia, 1994 sport 2wd auto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 colorado 2wd 5spd
i had to do that one time when i was out on the trail with my '79 ram charger with 33x12.50's on it .....worked great but i did'nt have a compressor but i got the tire reseated .