Hole in Blend Air Door on drivers side 2011 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hole in Blend Air Door on drivers side 2011 XLT

Bill Black

Reaction score
City, State
Mapleton Depot, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
Recently we noticed that when the air conditioning was on the drivers side vents had warm air coming out and the passenger side had cool air. We took it to the local Ford dealer and they told me that there was a hole in the blend air door and it would cost $1200 to repair (most was labor cost). We just had all the blend door motors replaced last year.(3 in total). My questions are how could the door possibly get a hole in it and is there a less expensive fix? The car has been great but it has 175K on it and $1200 is a lot of money for us at this time. Is there a defect with the blend doors?

thanks
Bill

Recently we noticed that when the air conditioning was on the drivers side vents had warm air coming out and the passenger side had cool air. We took it to the local Ford dealer and they told me that there was a hole in the blend air door and it would cost $1200 to repair (most was labor cost). We just had all the blend door motors replaced last year.(3 in total). My questions are how could the door possibly get a hole in it and is there a less expensive fix? The car has been great but it has 175K on it and $1200 is a lot of money for us at this time. Is there a defect with the blend doors?

thanks
Bill

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. If there is a hole in the blend door, they need to explain how it got there.

IMO, find another dealer.

Back