hole in fire wall | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

hole in fire wall

This may sound dumb but where can I find an easily accsesible hole in the firewall to run wires through to install fog lights on a 91X? I really would prefer not to drill one.:confused:

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Byrd91

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Penobscot, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
There's one about 1.5" in diameter down by the steering column thats got a rubber plug in it. Its easier to find from the engine side than the passenger compartment.

<

Hartman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0
How would you go about finding it from the inside?

<

Byrd91

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Penobscot, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Stick something through it, its not really hard to find from either side.

<

93Ranger

Reaction score
City, State
Gaithersburg, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Ranger, 1993 XLT
under the dash, look around, you'll see a rubber gasket that looks like a condom (sorry, but thats what it looks like) still rolled up. thats about a 1.5" hole there.

thats usually the hole people use for everything. i have no idea why its there anyway, what was ford's purpose?

<

TSTONE

Giddy up!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland County, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Mountaineer
follow the speedo cable down it has the largest and most plyable plunger on the fire wall typically

<