Homemade LED Lights installed with PICS! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Homemade LED Lights installed with PICS!

Made some LED lights to go under the dash and seats of my 98 Sport. I ordered 50 LEDs (18,000 mcd) with 50 resistors, off of ebay. That was $10. It also took 2 "L bars", which I bought at Value for $7 each. Also, add wiring and swist caps, which I already had (about $10). This was all connected to a Streetglow music interface box, which was $25 (I had ordered this a while ago). If you where doing this, you could obvisouly wire a cheap $4 switch if you like.

PICS!:

Streetglow Switch:
P1010006-3.jpg

LED on bar:
0726081449a.jpg

LEDs under dash (5 LEDs per bar):

P1010001-2.jpg

LEDs under the seats (4 LEDs per bar):

P1010002-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it's hooked to the music interface, that means one thing:

WE NEED PICTURES OF IT GOING!

I've always wanted one, but with gas prices what they are, I haven't been able to afford any mods recently.

If it's hooked to the music interface, that means one thing:

WE NEED PICTURES OF IT GOING!

I've always wanted one, but with gas prices what they are, I haven't been able to afford any mods recently.

Its hard to get good action shots of it working. Eventually I will try to get some video. The little device is pretty cool but it is hard to adjust. With my 2 12" subs going, it real fussy because some song obvisouly have more bass and the difference between it not being sensative enough (and shutting down) and just being right is probably less then a 16th of a inch (the way it works is there is a little circle you turn on the front of it and that adjusts the sensativity).

I did however have some trouble. It didnt cut all the power off. This left the LEDs on but dim. I put a switch in between the lights and interface card, now the the card works prefectly?! Figures, I dont get it.

would you make those , and sell them ?? , im sure you can turn atleast a 10-25% profit on somethin like this ??

would you make those , and sell them ?? , im sure you can turn atleast a 10-25% profit on somethin like this ??

Well I'd consider it. The only problem is that they do take a while to make but I am sure I/anyone (who did this) would get faster over time.

Back