• Register Today It's free!

Homemade shackles and TT

jurick

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Eddie Bauer
Well after doing AAL and a little TT I decided to go all out and made my self some shackles and finished the TT. The shackles are made out of 1/2"x2 1/2" steel, I cut the steel into 11 1/2" pieces. The holes are centered at 9 1/2", 3/4" away from each end and 1 1/4" away from the sides. I used 9/16" grade 8 bolts that were 5" long.

Now the fun part was trying to get them shackles on after they are so long. I had to actually flex the leaf spring almost flat so that I could get them in there that was a PITA. I now need to extend the brake line and build new shock mounts.

I had to get a new bolt for the TT to get the full 2" but it now sits even all the way around because my leaf springs are worn out so much. Next step is the 3" body lift with the 33"x12.50" Super Swampers:), that is after I get some more money.

DSCF2394.jpg

Rear Suspension

DSCF2391.jpg

After TT, AAL, and Shackles

Feel free to comment

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good man i just finished with everything on my X. i got the warrior shackles TT and 3 inch BL. I didn't get 33's though i just got 32/11.5/R15 all terrains but it still looks a hell of a lot better than the stock rubber.

Good luck with everything else. :thumbsup:

Yea I have All-Terrains on there right now and well after almost getting stuck a couple of times I have decided my next tire is going to be something with a lot more tread on it and bigger.

god i wish my truck was that rust free...

Yea well I bought it used and i sware the previous owner had to keep it inside during the winter because it wasnt that rusted at all but I also just put a quick coat of undercoating on it.

yeah mine has been running around in Syracuse Ny for the longest time...so rust is no stranger to my truck....

Back