EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 4Runner, 22 Silverado
http://automobiles.honda.com/new_models/landing.asp

Saw it during the superbowl...

They talk about how it can tow a bunch... with its 3.5L...

Half ton axles with a V6... Yuck.

I'd never own a Honda truck based upon principal. What do you guys think?

Technical
• 255-hp, 3.5-Liter, 24-Valve SOHC VTEC® V-6 Engine
• 5-Speed Automatic Transmission
• Variable Torque Management® 4-Wheel Drive System (VTM-4®)
• Locking Rear Differential
• Heavy-Duty Automatic-Transmission and Power Steering Coolers
• Heavy-Duty Radiator with Dual 160-Watt Fans
• Fresh-Air Intake
• 4-Wheel Independent Suspension

Capabilities
• 5,000-lb. Towing Capacity
• 1,550-lb. Total Payload Capacity
• Half-Ton (1,100-lb) Bed Capacity

Safety
• Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with EBD and Brake Assist
• Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®) with Traction Control
• Front, Side and Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
• Power Door and Tailgate Locks
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)

Audio
• 100-Watt AM/FM/XM®-Ready/CD Audio System with 6 Speakers

Interior
• Power Windows, Door Locks and Mirrors
• Multifunctional Center Storage Console with Sliding Armrest
• 60/40 Lift-Up Rear Seat with Underseat Storage
• Power Sliding Rear Cabin Window

Exterior
• Dual-Action Tailgate
• In-Bed Trunk™
• Automatic Heated Wiper Zone
• Remote Entry System
• Large Foldable Side Mirrors
• Privacy Glass
• Integrated Bed Lights (4) with Auto-Off Timer
• Heavy-Duty Tow Hooks (Front and Rear)
• Hidden Roof-Mounted Antenna

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll throw in my prediction: :thumbdwn:

Looks like an Avalanche ripoff. All the world needs is more Hondas. :rolleyes: :p

the 4 wheel independant suspension will definetly not compare in the off road category. it is ugly, even moreso than the avalanche. it does however have alot of gadgets and neat stuff integrated into it, but thats just more to malfunction. I dont like honda cars so would never buy a honda truck

It doesn't even compare with a half-ton truck anyway, half ton's can haul a lot more than 1,100 lbs in the bed. It is an outdated term that they are using.

Read this in one of the reviews
"The Ridgeline has a high strength, ladder type frame utilizing seven crossmembers. The frame is integrated into the upper body of the vehicle."

So its got a frame. . .integrated. :confused: So what you're trying not to say is that its a unibody. :p

And towing 5,000 lbs with a 3.5L . . .yeah right. :rolleyes:

Overall, I'd give it :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

I bet the streeter crowd jumps all over this little bugger with 255 ponies stock.

Think what a little lowering and a pair of turbos could do.

Personally I think it is an ugly car based "truck" better categorized with the subaru baja.

Its a Honda Pilot with the ass end turned into a pick up bed.

Literally

I helped design the 8" subwoofer box that fits behind the passenger side rear seat 2 years ago when I interned for Honda R&D

All in all, its a piece of crap when compared to real 1/2 ton trucks. But guess what, it'll sell...

Honestly, how many people use their 1/2 ton trucks the way they are intended?

Think of it as an even plusher and wussier Toyota Tundra, minus the slick V8 that keeps the Toyota atleast in the same ballpark as the real trucks

Here you go dreamr. Just found some wheels real quick. The only pic I could find of the truck that would work good.

1600ridgeline.jpg

oh man thats fugly

It gives trucks a bad name. It's fugly. 4-wheel independant suspension with MacPherson struts in the front? Unibody? Powered by a huge 3.5 L? :rolleyes: Please. Guess what else? That 3.5 L has VTEC (ricers will put some stickers on it so everyone will know). It will be great seeing ricers mess these trucks up more than they already are. Honda should stick to what they know when it comes to vehicles; small economy cars.

I do not like the truck personally. I also saw it during the superbowl and wasn't impressed at all. Oh well, we'll see what happens won't we?

-Drew

Fenderguy said:
Here you go dreamr. Just found some wheels real quick. The only pic I could find of the truck that would work good.

1600ridgeline.jpg

That's great LOL

But you gotta lose the mud flaps and bumpers. Smooth it in like a roll pan......................................

Either way it is still fugly.

Wish I was better at this dang photoshop program this could be fun.

I guess Ms Paint will allow for the big italic R on the side though.............

Ricers liked the avalanche I geuss. Fugly. And I like the avalanche.Won't be long 'till they are all over, with hydraulics, fart cans and bling bling.

Odd. Seems as though Honda dropped the ball, while last year Nissan picked the ball up and ran with it. I cannot imagine who would buy a $30k pickup with a V6. Its getting to the point to were now if you have a 300hp V8 your **** is weak and underpowered- and Honda comes out with nothing but a V6. Tell me there is a V8 in the works... then i will take it seriously. Ill never buy one, but ill take it seriously. Until then, this is just an ATV/Jet ski hauler and nothing more.

Edit- The IRS is what the public wants. Average Joe would love to have IRS in a Ford, GM, or Dodge. I imagine this truck will score high in the Car & Driver tests. :rolleyes:

james t said:
Edit- The IRS is what the public wants. Average Joe would love to have IRS in a Ford, GM, or Dodge. I imagine this truck will score high in the Car & Driver tests. :rolleyes:

Yeup, exactly what I was saying. People just want the look of a big 4x4 but the suburban soccer mom's never actually use their Z71 package or 4 wheel drive on the Tahoe, they just like knowing its there.

I doubt it will ever be used as a work truck.

what a joke, they shouldn't even advertise it as a half ton... i'd love to see the hp and toque curves too I bet they only get 255/252 at 6000 rpm when the VTEC is really kicking!

looks like its primarily front wheel drive too, which will work well when they have this kinda weight in the rear and its practically lifting the front wheels off the ground.... and check out the size of the half shafts in the third pic, our D35's look thicker than that, how can they call those half ton axles....

Attachments

• fwd.jpg
    fwd.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 447
  • SAG.jpg
    SAG.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 492
  • IRS.jpg
    IRS.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 449

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This seriously funny. You could probably use it to carry your riced out CRX :thumbdwn:

But y'all right. Unibody? 3.5L V6? Bad payload rating?

The Tundra is pretty respectable. But it's a 7/8 full size pickup. This Honda is more like a compact pickup. I'd respect a Ranger more than this thing.

These days, F150s have 5.4s, Rams have 5.7s. I forgot what Chevys have. Now they make a "1/2 ton" pickup with a 3.5L!? AND, call it a Vtec? Sheeeeeeeyt yo :confused:

I'd take an EL CAMINO as a work truck over this :p

Back