Hood Letters | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hood Letters

DraftEdison

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Explorer XLT 202A AWD
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could post pictures of the explorer hood letters on a silver explorer in both the graphite color and the chrome? I find all kinds of pics with the black and graphite but I have not seen the chrome option.... I am curious how the chrome looks on silver. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could post pictures of the explorer hood letters on a silver explorer in both the graphite color and the chrome? I find all kinds of pics with the black and graphite but I have not seen the chrome option.... I am curious how the chrome looks on silver. Thanks
I didn't realize you can select a chome finish.

Yep, the cheap ebay or Amazon ones are chrome, silver graphite or black. Some even come with a template. Just one more area to try and scrub bugs out of in the summer. I'll pass.

The chrome are not OEM. The OEM are graphite. Chrome won't look nice....my opinion.

If they cost under $75 they are not OEM.....Some sellers are claiming "Ford Licensed". Well maybe so, but that does not equate to OEM. These letters will see plenty of sun, sand. rain, etc and need to be quality to stand up to the test of time. Read some Amazon reviews of the letters shipping and peeling, then you have all that 3M tape to clean off.

Back