List of Useful Threads - Hood Paint bubble issue only | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

As a Forum, members are encouraged to submit their posts, both negative and positive. There has never been any attempt to limit either. I may be wrong but I still believe that the Ford people do not read this forum and the Reps here, as they themselves have stated, do not interact with the engineers.
If you found the correct number to contact the people who are responsible for the paint issue many of the members are experiencing, why not post the info so that others can also follow up and make their feelings known. That way perhaps something may eventually be done about it. If these individuals at Ford were not aware of the issue, it sort of confirms that they don't monitor or get feedback from these forums.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you just like to hear yourself talk

it is my intention to post the information on the mfg paint dept after I get the ball rolling so when they get a pile of calls all at once they are not overwhelmed...... in the mean time anyone that wants it PM me and I will give them everything including the extension number and a name.

or you can Google
Name: Ford Motor Co Assembly Plant
Address: 12600 S Torrence Ave
City: Chicago
Zip: 60633
State: IL

I also have a name in Dearbone , I am compiling a set of posts for a single document to her..... so Peter it is not fruitless to complain here with the assumption that it wont get back to Ford...

keep em coming . Ill get them there

its sad that Crystal is not able to do as much as one frustrated customer.... and she is IN Dearborne...

instead of saying "oh well", push harder....

RN

As a Forum, members are encouraged to submit their posts, both negative and positive. There has never been any attempt to limit either. I may be wrong but I still believe that the Ford people do not read this forum and the Reps here, as they themselves have stated, do not interact with the engineers.
If you found the correct number to contact the people who are responsible for the paint issue many of the members are experiencing, why not post the info so that others can also follow up and make their feelings known. That way perhaps something may eventually be done about it. If these individuals at Ford were not aware of the issue, it sort of confirms that they don't monitor or get feedback from these forums.

Peter

I have a 2011 limited that had hood bubbles starting on front edge of the hood in june of 2013. It was repainted at that time under warranty. Yesterday I noticed that the front leading edge of the hood is now bubbling again in several places! Just like it was 18 months ago. I now have 45k miles and out of warranty. I am sure by summer it will be on top of the hood too. Reading the previous posts on repaints like mine it appears I would be pursuing a remedy that is not going to happen. I am disappointed to say the least. This is very bad.

Mine was fixed the first time this past spring. Just noticed it's bubbling now for the 2nd time....This is getting annoying!

Worst customer service ever

Well my final call back from my regional rep. This is the rudest person I have ever dealt with. I thought that they would listen to what I had to say, but nope, she had her mind made up that the paint was out of the 36,000 mile warranty and that Ford had denied it from being repaired. Again she kept saying that Ford would help pay for a hood and painting the hood. That would still be $560 out of my pocket. I declined the offer, before I could say anything else, "she replied ok then your case has been closed". Before she could hang up on me like she has done every single time, I asked to get to the survey after the call, that she has always hung up before I could take it. This time she did let me into the survey, which is just two questions. Guess Ford does not care, and from this forum it is not a one or two time problem, Ford has to know there is an issue. Last Ford Ever.

Ford refused warranty coverage for rust on hood of 2013

Imagine my shock when I notice 3 rust spots bubbling up on the edge of the hood of my explorer on Thanksgiving...the largest of which is about 1 inch long and 1/2 inch high. My precious explorer is a Ruby Red 2013 Explorer and I was devastated. As a long time ford owner, I knew Ford would stand by their product with it being less than two years old and 38,000 miles. Well, I finally received an answer yesterday about warranty coverage and imagine my shock when I found out that they denied their responsibility to fix it! I'm appalled. There are 3 fords sitting in my driveway and my husband is looking to replace his 2007 escape....well it won't be a ford if this is the product they produce. If anyone has a suggestion on what I should do next, I would greatly appreciate it. I've never seen a spot of rust on any of my ford vehicles - including the 66 mustang I received for my 16th birthday. Shame on you ford.

The hood is aluminum and there has been a paint bubbling problems with all the aluminum hoods and tailgates on Explorers and Expeditions. I have several company vehicles sitting in our lot with the problem. And you are right, Ford is not covering it.

That is one reason I would stay from the new all aluminum F-150 until I see if they can get the paint right.

Thanks for letting me know. If they won't stand by their product, then I won't be buying another one.

Imagine my shock when I notice 3 rust spots bubbling up on the edge of the hood of my explorer on Thanksgiving...the largest of which is about 1 inch long and 1/2 inch high. My precious explorer is a Ruby Red 2013 Explorer and I was devastated...

I'll see how I can help you fall back in love with your Explorer again, Sailgratitude. I responded to your PM; check out your inbox and see my message for next steps. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Welcome to the Forum Sailgratitude.:wavey:
I have merged your thread with this existing one. Several members have had this issue repaired under warranty. A few, I think, also after the warranty expired. Unfortunately it seems that some have had the problem reappear after a year or two.

Peter

I just ordered a new 2015 limited and traded my 2011 limited in. As mentioned before the 2011 had hood bubbles and was repainted by ford. The dealer indicated that it was probably not prepped correctly at factory. They removed the paint and prepped it correctly I thought.Yes the hood is bubbling again. I read an article somewhere that said Ford outsourced the paint at factory plant and they are putting on the paint too thin? Whatever the problem is I sure hope Ford has addressed this problem by now after making the same vehicle for 5 years. If you are one of the sceptics that think this is a isolated problem, then just visit a ford dealership and run your hand on the front leading edge of the the used ford explores on lot that are 2011 thru 13 and count how many of them have bubbles.

2011 with hood bubble

I have the same issue, my 2011 Explorer has 2 large bubbles on the edge of the hood. After having dealt with the blend door issue, wind rattles from a-pillars, oil in the air filter box, and front strut plate issues im starting to loose faith in Ford. Has anyone had any luck getting Ford to help resolve the issue after the warranty has expired? If so, what was the solution and how much was the out of pocket expense?

Welcome to the Forum Kevin SC.:wavey:
I believe there are posts in this thread where the repair was covered outside of the warranty. Some had luck with that while others didn't. You can always get Crystal (FordService) involved to see if there is anything she can do to assist. You really have nothing to lose by trying. You can send her a PM using this link; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968
When you PM, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.

Peter

Peter, thank you very much for the info.

I sent a PM to Crystal. I'll post an update once i get some answers, hopefully Ford helps out. We really do love our explorer and use it as my daily. It would be sad to not replace it with another ford when we decide to trade it in, I've stayed away from GM for the most part after having drive shaft balance issues on a brand new 2010 Tahoe but may have to take a second look if the problems keep continuing with this Ford.

...I sent a PM to Crystal...

Got it, Kevin SC; thanks for reaching out! Check out my reply in your inbox. :thumbsup:

Kevin SC - Crystal was very helpful in my situation. Good luck!

I'm glad I was able to help, Sailgratitude! Don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future. :)

Crystal

I had no luck getting the dealer to cover the repair when I reported it at 37000 miles. It was a few months ago when I reported that it here and have been following along by ever since. I haven't read any stories of people having luck getting it covered in full (and I'm not prepared to cover most of the cost when it's only a temporary fix.). Can anyone share specifics of getting this covered in full outide of warranty?

I had no luck getting the dealer to cover the repair when I reported it at 37000 miles. It was a few months ago when I reported that it here and have been following along by ever since. I haven't read any stories of people having luck getting it covered in full (and I'm not prepared to cover most of the cost when it's only a temporary fix.). Can anyone share specifics of getting this covered in full outide of warranty?
Did you ever contact Crystal (FordService) about it?

Peter

I feel sort of vindicated reading this post..
Too Bad Ford doesn't see it that way..
I have to driver around with the bullet hole in the truck..
but based on the the horrible posts and issues.. mine simply isn't that bad..
now if the could only find a way to fix the tear in the drivers door armrest that is un-repairable right on the seam with the "pleather heatweld..
thats a way bigger joke in Ford Quality..

The arm rest.....we have that issue too. It drives my wife nuts. (Its her vehicle) I don't see any good way to fix it either.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you ever contact Crystal (FordService) about it?

Peter

(my story starts on post #152 )

Yes, I worked with Crystal who engaged an account rep. I talked to the service manager at the dealer who submitted the pics to Ford. I even informed my salesman that I was interested in a Edge for my wife (which I really was till this mess), but that deal was put on hold pending the outcome of this. The account rep would only offer to reimburse me "a car payment" if I paid for the hood replacement which was quoted at $1600. No thank you. Outside of that they wouldn't budge.

I want to restate:
I told my salesman, service manager and account rep I wanted to buy an Edge and they still failed to resolve this. How crazy is that?

Back